News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Pipe fitting type. pic included

Started by keith71, August 26, 2024, 04:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith71

You cannot view this attachment. 

Can one of you guys tell me what type of fittings these are?  It is just a piece of scrap I picked up.. Are they a push loc type fitting? Are they considered pex fittings.. If they are pex type I think a special tool is required. It looks like it works with 1/2'' copper pipe as well as 1/2'' plastic pipe.  Thanks for any info.
Kubota D722
10HP Diesel Air cooled 186fa yanmar clone                                                         
12/2   Field Marshall CS Lister clone
 R170 Jiangdong  (needs some work)

keith71

Also have them in my basement and it does say pex on them lol.You cannot view this attachment.
Kubota D722

keith71

Did not realize pex came in clear color pipe.. So special tool needed for install and not push to fit?
Kubota D722

Tom Reed

Correct, PEX type A or aquapex. Did my house with it, good stuff. Keep the white pipe out of the sun. The manual expanders start at around $70 on amazon.
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

keith71

Thank you for the reply Tom.. I just watched a few quick videos on pex type A.. I can now see why they are now often used.. Quick, clean and easy..  When I first saw these new fitting types become popular they were pretty expensive, so looked into it no further..  I am still a solder and torch user.. Takes to much time and is a mess to use.  But this stuff is much quicker.. Thanks again..
Kubota D722