EL/EA 300 kubota - Oil drain plug/screen modification for oil drain pipe?

Started by Chowdan, May 28, 2024, 07:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chowdan

Hey all,

I have a EA300(might be a EL) that drives a alternator for power generation onboard my boat.

I'm sick of doing oil changes by pulling the plug/screen out and having to mop up the oil afterwards due to the clearance below the engine. It's a VERY messy job and would absolutely love to help keep things tidier and the engine happier by adding some sort of valve so i can add a drain pipe. Would love to add something like a EZ-Drain or something similar.

Has anyone done this? does anyone have ideas on how this could be done?

Thanks!

Tom Reed

Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

Chowdan

Hrmmmm, I took one of those pump off the boat due to the space they consume and that I installed a reversible oil pump that I can fit the tube over my primary Yanmar's dipstick tube to suck out all the oil. I wanted to make a manifold that is hooked up to the oil pan drain hole on the primary and then also over on the genset engine.

I guess i could still rig up a valve system that goes to a wand like thing that fits inside the Kubota's dipstick hole to suck out the oil. I could have it live next to the genset so that when i'm in the "hole", i could just pop the dipstick, crack the oil fill cap, crawl out, set the valve to the genset, stick my empty oil jug on the outlet hose and flip the switch to suck out, then I can pull the oil screen and clean it off while I'm in the "hole" and then fill her up and be done.

I appreciate you calling this out Tom, I hadn't really re-thought about this vac pump and making it work. This seems like a easy solution to implement.

I was thinking since the bolt is a banjo bolt, I'm going to see if i can find a banjo fitting that fits perfectly, but i might spend more time searching than implementing your Iteam Tom.