News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Fuel pump disection

Started by Jens, November 21, 2009, 06:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jens

A while back I had all kinds of issues with a fuel pump. As it turned out, it died and I had an opportunity to see what makes it tick.

http://go.mrgasket.com/ProductDetails.aspx?brandId=1&modelNumber=12S&productID=10573025&majID=225&minID=2255&selection=7&minselection=1

I had the diesel version of this pump but I suspect they are identical.

To sum it up - a piece of garbage and not recommended. They say "Solid-state worry free electronics" but there is nothing in there that is either solid state or electronic. It is a small DC motor with brushes and it runs a tiny vane pump.

I have no doubt that this thing would bind up real fast with veg oil although it ran mostly motor oil in the short time I had it. The fact that it's a dc motor with brushes is an indication to me that it won't last but of course that is just my opinion.

It was a bitch to take apart and completely destroyed in the process so it's not serviceable.

My two cents worth .....

Jens

billswan

well now you know what made it not work!

Billswan
16/1 Metro DI at work 900rpm and 7000watts

10/1 Omega in a state of failure

clytle374

You miss understood.  The non existent electronics are worry free, and now it is solid state. 

Did you complain to these people?

clytle374

I didn't mean to complain about it breaking, complain about them lying.

Apogee

Ah, but that description was likely written by a 25 year old MBA pulling down $200K a year.

You know, because they know SO much more about how to run business and market than folks that actually understand the products...

"Solid state, electronic, mechanical, what's the difference"  "I think I'll use a nine iron on this shot"....

WGB

Quote from: Apogee on November 29, 2009, 10:11:05 AM
Ah, but that description was likely written by a 25 year old MBA pulling down $200K a year.

You know, because they know SO much more about how to run business and market than folks that actually understand the products...

"Solid state, electronic, mechanical, what's the difference"  "I think I'll use a nine iron on this shot"....

That is what I've been saying for years!
I'm sure this has a big part in the decline of The US.
Remember when the CEO or owner could probably do every job in the company?
I was told by a CEO one time that the farther they are from the process the better, and knowledge of the product made no difference.
What's up with that?

dubbleUJay

Quote from: WGB on November 29, 2009, 01:21:32 PM
I'm sure this has a big part in the decline of The US.
Remember when the CEO or owner could probably do every job in the company?
I was told by a CEO one time that the farther they are from the process the better, and knowledge of the product made no difference.
What's up with that?

In ZA we call that BEE (Black Economic Empowerment) which is a VERY big thing over here.
So much so that it has single-handedly caused the decline of ZA because it was implemented incorrectly! IMHO!  :-X
We had a huge "brain-drain" of professional people that cannot get a job because they are the wrong "color" and it has now backfired onto the present Government because their people DEMAND services! And by DEMAND, I mean they would go as far as killing for it, because they are not getting what was promised to them to get elected!
I just sit back and enjoy the fiasco, time will heal most things, I just hope I'm still around when it does, for my kids sake as well!

dubbleUJay the off-topic politician!  ;)
dubbleUJay
Lister  - AK - CS6/1 - D - G1 - LR1 -
http://tinyurl.com/My-Listers