News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

engines, and other stuff for sale

Started by mobile_bob, July 28, 2020, 08:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobile_bob

it comes a time in my life that i must part with a substantial part of my holdings
and thought i would post what i have and see if there is any interest??

i have the following

1-  28/2 petteroid engine,  this is a preban engine, still in the crate, 2 cylinder 28hp diesel engine of indian manufacture, it is mounted on a steel frame
has a water pump, fan and radiator, all oem new never ran still in original crate.

1- AG 395 engine, 3 cylinder engine, stationary chinese manufacture, preban, has radiator, alternator, waterpump, electric starter, control panel, frame mounted
with a clutch pto pack. never ran, in the original crate, i believe it is around 28-30hp.  it comes with a dry charged battery with electrolyte tank. add coolant, oil, fuel, juice the battery
and turn the key switch,  it looks much like an old allis chalmers tractor engine, overhead valve, modern design.

1- 4 ton grain press, chinese manufacture, these were popular back when diesel fuel was so expensive, this press is rated to press 4 tons of oil grain stock in a 24 hour period from what i have read, it is complete and still in the crate, never used

1- st15 generator head, powersolutions i believe, new never used.

2- sd5 generator heads, these are dual duty heads, primarily used as a welding generator, but also produces 230vac 60hz
    new never used.

3- 3hp air cooled chinese diesel engines, still in original packaging, new never used.

3- s195 changfa type engines, new in crates, never ran, preban engine's, these are 12hp water cooled engines, hopper cooled. i don't recall if they are direct or indirect injected.

1- 8hp stationary witte diesel engine, mounted on a steel frame, with old steel wheels to move it around on. this is an old engine, but starts easily, water cooled with radiator... cool old engine, quite large open flywheel with dual belt grooves to drive an alternator with.

this is a start of literally tons of stuff i have on hand.

all are located in central kansas

posting to see if there might be any interest, not in a hurry to sell this stuff, but at some point i will start to post it on ebay
and get it gone, figured maybe there are those here that are interested and should have first shot at it.

bob g

glort

I'd be negotiating a price on a job lot if you were in oz.
Most of my life I had the arse out of my pants and was scratching for money.  Thanks to some  unwittingly wise property investments that paid off beyond what anyone could have foreseen, I can now afford anything I want within reason.
Biggest Frustration is money not being enough to get what I would really like.

Maybe for the best, not like I don't have more shit than i'll ever get round to playing with enough to make worthwhile.  Should Cull some myself and just put it into a few real expensive toys.
Just because I can afford things now does not mean I'm still not a tight arse Though!  :0)  The cost of bringing the things here would be more than I could  justify to myself.

I would sure love a Gen head though. They are virtually Impossible to get here. Been looking for years along with other for something that is justifiable and not an outright waste of money for the use they would have.  Maybe one day.

Henry W

Wow! :o I wish I had a need for the S195's. Direct injected or indirect injected, they both are proven engines that can take a beating and keep on ticking.

Henry

mobile_bob

what i have listed is probably the tip of the iceburg

it was just some of the stuff i could think of off hand.

i guess this will be a test to see if there are those out in the ether that still want to get into this game but could not because
there is nothing available to them till now.

i have a huge pile of 175amp leece neville alternators, i think i have a couple of 270amp and i know of a couple of 320amp models.

then there is around 30kwatt worth of exeltech mx series 48volt inverters, rack mounted,

a couple of telecom standby generators, i believe they were built by generac, i don't recall, but both are set up for natgas or propane, 6kwatt at 48vdc nominal, with the propane tank units for each, i don't think either has over 200 hours on the hour meters... i think one might be under 100 hrs.

gasifier?  yup one of those too

6.5hp petter aircooled used engine, has a main seal leak but runs well, electric start.

then we get to start on shop equipment and tools, i got more of that sort of thing than i will ever be able to use.
enough to start a small manufacturing company!

makes my back hurt just thinking about it.

bob g

glort

Quote from: mobile_bob on July 29, 2020, 10:35:58 AM

i have a huge pile of 175amp leece neville alternators, i think i have a couple of 270amp and i know of a couple of 320amp models.

What would you want for those and are you able to find something online that tells you what postage to Sydney Oz would be worth for a couple of them? -May- be affordable, They aren't easy to come by here.
I take it these are the ones that can be fitted with the external Controllers?
Was it you that wrote the white paper on them some years back? Been intreauged with that ever since I read it. Have a Copy somewhere in the archive.

mobile_bob

yes i am the one with the white paper, however while these leece neville alternators can be externally controlled
they are not the ones that i did the testing on.

the ones i tested were the prestolite loadhandler 110-555jho, which is now offered by leece neville

the ones i have on hand i did do the testing on, and while they can be controlled in the same manner as listed in the white paper, they do not rise in efficiency, and they do make substantially more heat as well..  good for 12vdc nominal duty, but not for high efficiency work as outlined in the white paper.

as for shipping, i have no idea what it would cost to ship to down under? nor do i know who to talk to.

i have always been the buyer of "iron" not the seller, so this is all new to me.  i suspect most all of what i have will have to be picked up here in kansas... i have no way to ship heavy iron.

bob g

DKMC

Hello Bob,
Curious, did you sell off most of the listed items? Still have the 28/2?

mobile_bob

yes i still have the 28/2
still in its original crate, preban engine

bg

Westcliffe01

Bob, do you have any more slow engines available for sale ?   I could probably pick up at your location.

Keith
Bought 36 acres in Custer County Colorado.  Now to build the retirement home/shop

mobile_bob

Keith:
yes i still have pretty much everything i came to kansas with
i would have to figure out how to get it out of my shop and loaded, but other than that?

been a long time since i checked in on the forum, so hopefully you will get this reply

Westcliffe01

Hi Bob.  Not too many postings here of late, but I do try to check in once a week.   For now I have a Deutz 3 cylinder genset from a lighting trailer like used on road construction.  Its about 5kW and water cooled, 1800rpm.  Good candidate for CHP except for the fact that its not a very common engine in the US.  Long term support could eventually become a problem.

I also have 2x Kubota Z482 motors, one of which is in a Semi truck APU package.  I believe that they belt drive the alternator in that configuration and run faster than 1800rpm, but I have yet to dig into it much.

The "subdivision" that I bought in, in Custer County Colorado sits a few miles off the highway and runs from 8000ft up to over 10k ft in elevation.  No utility power.  County population in summer about 3500 and in winter closer to 2000.  Too few people to pay for expanded utility infrastructure.  They have been fortunate that fiber internet was run along highways and this has enabled wireless internet providers to put up towers serving most of the area and thus providing relatively fast wireless internet access.

Its a good location for solar PV systems and also a good location for CHP since its a primarily heating based climate.  No need for AC, low humidity etc based on the altitude alone.  Its not unusual to be snowed in for weeks at a time, high drifts are common with wind that may be over 100mph a few times a year.

Im relocating from Michigan to Custer County this year.  Have a lot of basic work to do before I even get to building, fencing the property, putting in a gate and a driveway.  There are free range cattle in the area, over 350 of them so will have to be able to exclude them from the building site lest they trample everything.   Will be getting a septic put in, rules change means it now has to be done by a licensed installer.  Then after that I can set up a temporary bathroom / washroom with a temporary connection to the septic system.  At that point I could return the rented chemical toilet that is otherwise required by the sanitation dept.   

After that point and assuming I have made the 3 or 4 trips back and forth to MI to move all my equipment I will finally be able to begin with the building foundation.  Im hoping that I can get the slab poured prior to snow flying in October/November.  Then next spring I can frame and close in the main structure.

Perhaps you could recompile your list of what you have available in the way of low speed engines.  I would favor a couple of smaller gennys, which would give me a longer run time when they are actually needed, when the solar is not producing.  So far I have bought about 1.6kW worth of PV panels and I have 4x 75Ah 24V Lipo batteries.   So 7.2kWh of battery storage. This was intended to be the "construction phase" system.  Of course I have the Deutz 5kW genny as a backup in this phase.  I think I will be buying 12 more 370W panels to use in the system, that should give me another 4.4kW of solar generation and will no doubt force me to add significantly to my battery system.  My main battery load will be the solar refrigerator and freezer which need to run 24/7 and some lighting at night.

Im fairly confident that the solar PV array will support my daytime construction activities.  I plan to have a hot water storage tank for the CHP system providing between 1000 and 2000 gal of storage.  Heating in the final building will be via radiant pex pipes and doesnt require a very high water temperature to operate.  Main heating load is likely to be through a propane boiler, with any running of the CHP adding to that.  I will have vaporizing type diesel stoves for the living space, likely later adding a wood stove.   Once I have run the radiant heat system through a winter I will have a much better idea of the heat demand of the building and can then more appropriately size the hot water holding tank.

I could bring an engine hoist to help load things.  I dont have a forklift, but i do have a backhoe although that tends to consume most of the space on my gooseneck trailer when I move it.  Im sure we could work something out.
Bought 36 acres in Custer County Colorado.  Now to build the retirement home/shop