Perkins mini diesel model 402c-05

Started by flywheel, September 22, 2009, 06:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flywheel

Here is my pretty little Perkins mini diesel from surplus center for $599 several months ago.  Indirect injection, Large oil pan, 500 hr oil change schedule after first oil change at 50 hrs, rated to last 6000 hrs at 3600 rpm and much longer at a reduced speed.  Its just sitting on the floor in the garage begging me to do something with it.  Flywheel
Never met a diesel engine I didnt like.

Henry W

Now that is a pretty engine! Dosen't that picture give you strength to start working on your project tonight.

Did you decide what will you be making?

Henry

flywheel

Henry W

I just noticed your Perkins has a pusher fan.

Henry

prof.blink

fly  i can see that on a hyd stump grinder. blnk

flywheel

Blink - I don't think its big enough for that at 13.7 hp max unless its a very small grinder and pump.
Quote from: prof.blink on September 22, 2009, 10:19:01 PM
fly  i can see that on a hyd stump grinder. blnk

flywheel

Quote from: hwew on September 22, 2009, 07:12:07 PM
I just noticed your Perkins has a pusher fan.

Henry

I see by looking at the posted Cat pictures there are other differences also.  Perkins has a longer dipstick, different alternator, fan, air intake located on top of valve cover, engine mounted fuel filter assembly and probably more.  Same basic engine with exterior differences.
If someone wants to take closeups of the Cat engine I will do the same on the perkins.

Henry W

Your Perkins also comes with a mechanical fuel pump.

flywheel

There is some information on the Perkins 402c in the PM generator section as I'll be using the Perkins with the utterpower PMG.   
                              flywheel

Henry W

Hello flywheel,

Any news on your perkins project? How is it coming along?

Henry

flywheel

Henry

Work will resume on this project this week.  The holdup has been at my local machine shop where all I have gotten is I will get to it next week.  After about four weeks of waiting I went there and picked up my items unfinished. 

I'm having the machine work done somewhere else and the finished parts are due to arrive here this week.  Pictures and descriptions will be posted as we resume work on the Perkins/PMG.
                                                                                                 flywheel

Henry W

Thanks for the update. I am looking forward to see how it is coming.

Henry