News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

power went out last night during the wind storm

Started by john stoffel, November 17, 2009, 09:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john stoffel

The satisfaction of having the Changfa come on line and being the only house for miles with power was a great feeling but the smile on my wife's face was priceless. Being prepared is what it's all about. I think it's a common trait well all share here.   

rcavictim

Most people are still in the dark even when the lights are on!
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

WGB

Quote from: rcavictim on November 18, 2009, 06:51:19 AM
Most people are still in the dark even when the lights are on!

Good one, and I'll pass on my comment  ;D

john stoffel

Obviously my post was offensive so I'll just delete it.

rcavictim

Quote from: john stoffel on November 18, 2009, 08:58:03 PM
Obviously my post was offensive so I'll just delete it.

I found nothing offensive about your post. My post was in full support of yours and a congratulations for being prepared in a oblique way.  Please restore it.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

john stoffel

Thanks RCA. I obviously misunderstood something that wasn't even there. :-[ I did re-word it though to make it a better post. I remember a couple years back when one of my neighbors stopped by to ask why I run my house on generator power once a month for 1 hour. He told me He didn't think it was necessary to have a generator for his house. Oh well.   

WGB

Hey John sorry I was making a inside joke with rcavictim, was about a power out thread a day or so ago.
You're a hero in everyones book here.
I have a Listeroid and a Changfa clone, most people and family thinks I'm crazy, till anyone needs something!

john stoffel

Rom

Congrats on your sucess!!

I built my lister plant to one up what we already do out here. On the island I live on.. i'd say 9 outta 10 households have a generator, so I had to build a unit that can burn everything instead. I have it generating great now, just working on oil cleaning and an emergency shutdown. I cant wait to see the look on everyones face when I start burning WMO!!
Power Anand 16/2 w/ XZYER's Hollow Dippers, Power Solutions ST-12kw, Simple Centrifuge. Looking for Good 55gal Drums.