News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Cangfa ZS1115GN question

Started by dmarkh, September 25, 2015, 06:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmarkh

Quote from: vdubnut62 on October 12, 2015, 06:36:57 PM
dieselgman might have one out in KS. his website is http://diesel-electric.us/.
Ron.

I looked on said website, only 7.5 and 10kw listed.  Still I suppose one could ask.

Diesel Electric said they had a container coming from China in the next 30 days or so and would have some ST15s. I am going to go ahead and get a 20 from Central Georgia Generator though. They convinced me there is no down side to the 20 as long as I use a proper breaker. His 20 is the same price as a 15 from Diesel Electric and shipping is less. So it's cheaper for me to get the 20. Central Georgia Generator says they will no longer stock any ST15s. And will now offer the 20s for almost the same price as the 15s.

Mark

Carlb

Tom Osborne at CGG is a great guy and will take the time to help you with things if you have a problem.   
My Projects
Metro 6/1  Diesel / Natural Gas, Backup Generator  
22kw Solar in three arrays 
2.5kw 3.7 meter wind turbine
2 Solar Air heaters  Totaling 150 Sq/Ft
1969 Camaro 560hp 4 speed automatic with overdrive
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe 6 speed manual transmission

dmarkh

Quote from: Carlb on October 15, 2015, 02:35:31 PM
Tom Osborne at CGG is a great guy and will take the time to help you with things if you have a problem.   

I think I was talking to Dan Allison but yes they seem very kind and helpful.

Mark

Ted

Hi  I have been reading the posts on the chanfa zs1115 question and have a question I hope you guys can help me with,I am fixing up a zs1115 with a 12 kw direct drive generator,I replaced the head gasket on the engine and are re doing the electrical connection box on the generator, replaced the old steel box for a 8x8x7 inch electrical box added a 1 x 50 amp receptacle 2 x 120 receptacle with each there own 15 amp mini breaker and reused the main breaker.it has a small on/off switch with a light bulb socket and i am not sure what the purpose for these are, omhed out the switch and seems faulty the light bulb and light bulb cover are gone.Any help on this would be great  thanks Ted

mobile_bob

i have never seen the need for the switch or the light, the only thing it tells you is the unit is operating, which of course you probably can tell from all the noise and power to the loads?

bob g

buickanddeere

Lights are good. One on the main supply to indicate generation and another light on the output side of each breaker to indicate a trip.

Ted

Thanks guys for the replies, if that is the only function i will eliminate it ,is this a 120 volt circuit ?I replaced the voltage gauge, this gives me a good indication on the performance.I did notice that the voltage gauge needle bounces a bit with main breaker in on and off position must pick up some harmonics or magnetic field any explanation for this ? Thanks for your help   Ted