News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Portable Listeroid generator

Started by tlfrantz, November 14, 2009, 08:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akghound

WOW!!!  :D Fantastic job. You should see my mess.
Ken Gardner
One Day At A Time 
2000 F450 7.3 Powerstroke / Home Built WVO conversion
96 Dodge Cummins 2500 4x4 / Homebuilt WVO conversion
Listeroid Generator on used ATF
Living off grid

Shipo

Another impressive project like the R2800...of course less expensive ....What Next?   ::) ::)
Changfa 195/10kw
Changfa 170R/3Kw
Onan 6.0DJE-3CE
Yanmar TS-105C/Winco 5.3KW

tlfrantz

Actually, I did consider for a short time of rigging a sort of electric go-kart with a trailer hitch that would pull the gen along...
I figured though there was no way a 8-10 hp electric motor could pull a one-ton generator up my driveway, at least in my lifetime!! Maybe the R2800 could lend a hand---I could have a hybrid synergy drive---Al Gore and the climate changers would be proud of me! :)

tlfrantz

I think a 25/2 powered BOAT might be a good next project...I think it'd be a riot to go glug-glug-glugging around beautiful Smith Mountain Lake huffing black smoke as I went merrily along...all the while hoping the engine doesn't chuck a piece of flywheel through the bottom of the boat!   :o

dubbleUJay

dubbleUJay
Lister  - AK - CS6/1 - D - G1 - LR1 -
http://tinyurl.com/My-Listers

TimSR2

Squeak heard in the video is most likely off the 12v alternator belt as the start battery recharges heavily for the first few seconds after start. As there is no load connected to the set it is very unlikely off the main head drive belt. Nice fabrication work tlfrantz!

Tim

tlfrantz

The squeak is off the main drive belt; I ran it without the charging alternator and it still squeaked. Also, I had a 5kw load hooked to it; that was the hair-dryer looking thing on the ground next to the gen.

T