News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Gas prices dropping.

Started by Henry W, December 18, 2014, 06:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

Gas price dropped to $2.31 a gallon. In Raleigh, NC. What is the lowest price in your area?

Thob

Dropping like a rock - goes down a few cents every day.

Regular unleaded gas $1.95 / gallon

Diesel $2.79 / gallon

Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
Witte 98RC Gas burner - Kubota D600 w/ST7.5KW head.
I'm not afraid to take anything apart.
I am sometimes afraid I'm not going to get it back together.

Henry W

Diesel is $3.49 a gallon in Raleigh.
With today's new gasoline powered car fuel economy the gap has closed where diesel vehicles does not save much. Plus the cost of a new diesel car or SUV is thousands more.

vdubnut62

Cookeville, Tennessee.

Sam's Club------------------RUG-----$2.19

McGugin's-------------------Diesel---$2.61

Pilot----with my Driver's rewards card---Diesel---$2.23------RUG---$1.33--both with a 40 gallon limit
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

LowGear

My Standard premium is well below $4 here in Kona.   ::)

Casey

deeiche

Albuquerque

86 Unleaded
$1.89

Diesel
$2.55  ( I've been holding off filling the tanks on my 94 F-350 4x4 )

LowGear

Obviously they are shipping only the very, very, very best gas and diesel over to the islands.  Good luck with that chincey crap they're selling you main-landers.

Just another one of the great perks of living in an area that is almost totally tourist dependent.

Casey

Henry W

My 2000 Nissan Xterra seems to like the Carp ;) gas. It gets better mileage with 87 than other high octane gas. Getting 22 mpg is pretty good. So why pay more. Now, I have not checked the price of the ethanol free gas I buy. My guess is it went down in price also.

Henry W

As of this evening 87 octane is $2.19 a gallon.

deeiche

well, it continues to go down in New Mexico, AKA Junior OPEC member

Albuquerque

86 Unleaded
$1.82

Diesel
$2.53  ( Still holding off filling the tanks on my 94 F-350 4x4 )

buickanddeere

Will continue as long as ISIS steals crude oil and dumps it on the market to raise every possible $$$ to fiance war.

bschwartz

Deeiche,

......but two hours south of you, the bastards are charging us $2.25 86 Unleaded and $3.29 diesel !!!!!!!!
- Brett

Metro 6/1, ST-5 - sold :(
1982 300SD
1995 Suburban 6.5 TD
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 TD
1950s ? Oilwell (Witte) CD-12 (Behemoth), ST-12
What else can I run on WVO?
...Oh, and an old R-170

deeiche

Quote from: buickanddeere on December 25, 2014, 05:45:16 AM
Will continue as long as ISIS steals crude oil and dumps it on the market to raise every possible $$$ to fiance war.

Sorry, but what ISIS dumps on the market is just a drop in the bucket compared to worldwide consumption.

There are a lot of OPEC nations that are pumping more than their "quotas".  Venezuela needs $120/bbl to fund gov't handouts, they are pumping like crazy to make up the difference.  Russia is having a hard time selling on the intl market, China is taking advantage of Russia's current sanction issues by buying more from Russia, but even their consumption is decreasing as their construction boom slows dramatically.

Plus there really is a lot more US oil getting pumped out of the ground.  Eastern New Mexico has been in a drilling fueled economic boom, fast food joints are having to pay $15/hour for entry level jobs and they can't fill them.  However with crude price plummeting, oil revenues to State gov't is now less than 50% what was forecast when budget was made.

LowGear

Can we have just a moment of Thanks for the people of the world that have changed their lives to a more sustainable model.  Conservation and alternative energy is impacting the price of petroleum. 

Don't worry, the prices will go back up when there is a premium charge for processing smaller batches at the refineries.

And I agree that ISIS is a drop of urine in the ocean.

Casey

Tom T

Was in Portland (OR) yesterday and CostCo has reg for $2.16 a gal. about $2.45 other places.