News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

S1100 parts/info

Started by howard, November 02, 2014, 05:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howard

Looks like I waited too long, and the government made us criminals. Is anyone still using a S1100/ST type generator? I need head gasket(s), and bearing info. I'm reading as fast as I can, but most posts are years old, and Utterpower is very hard to navigate, as well. Thanks, Howard, in the desert.

mobile_bob

gasketstogo.com is the guy to get the s1100 gskts from, i ordered some to replace my 195 gskts some years ago, and he sent me some really high quality S1100 gskts which work very well in the idi 195 engines as well as the di 1100 engines.  i ordered i think a half dozen and got a very good price in my opinion, and no i will not part with one at this time as i have several of these engines.  the gaskets from gasketstogo are of superior quality to those used in production engines in my opinion, i have flogged the living crap out of one in testing, with overheats, overloads and never did it fail.  so i am convinced those are the gaskets to use when the oem units fail or need replaced.

as for brgs?  are we talking the mains or the rod brgs? or other?

i might have a set of plain brgs for the mains, if you have ball brg engine you can probably
get them here from a brg supplier.

send George at utterpower an email and be prepared to wait a bit, he is often gone up in the mountains and takes time to get back an answer, but he might have some contact info from a guy in california that has access to parts for these engine's.

bob g

Henry W

Hi Howard,
Welcome aboard.
You came to the right place. There are parts available at different places for your engine.
For a head gasket try http://www.gasketstogo.com
Now on the head gasket they will need to know if you cylinder face/surface is flat or has a boss that slides into the head. Try them first. Shipping is very cheap and quick. Another thing is the head gasket material is much better quality than OEM. I would recommend purchasing one and if it works fine purchase a couple more and put them away.

About the bearing, which one do you need? I do know a company that bought out a company's changfa type engine parts stock. I will make some calls tomorrow and get you a contact number. If you do not hear from me in a couple days send me a PM.

Henry

vdubnut62

gasketstogo.com  

for your head gasket  and any other gasket you might need -VERY nice work - the one I ordered from him was 'way better than OEM  

There is a complete overhaul kit on Epay for a 195 different bore same rod & crank bearings  I think....you might contact the seller and see if he has anything for an 1100.

http://www.utterpower.com/the-chinese-engine-parts-connection-lee-and-david/  

this is the utterpower link to order parts, I emailed these guys but honestly they were kind of vague
and seemed to want a large order because they mentioned a group buy, when I didn't bite they sorta went quiet.

I want parts to overhaul my Xing Dong S1100 if the need ever arises.  Good luck and if you find anything out maybe 2 of us would be considered a "group buy"?

PM    mobilbob  he has several 195's maybe he has some idea for parts other than what I have.

Ron.
Yes they beat me to the enter button.....
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

howard

Thanks guys. I'm heartened to get any replies, I thought this was a dead hobby. I just got a reply from GtG, and will send an order off as soon as I get the engine apart, and trace the gasket. As to the bearings, I would like to find American bearings to replace all of the Chinese ones, if I could. I did buy a S1100 rebuild kit from a guy named Fred, on Ebay, so I have emergency parts, IF they are the correct ones. Very nice guy to deal with, and the price had to be good, cause it's the ONLY price, eh? I could also use a starting crank, and an available fuel filter element, and parts, if anyone knows what fits. Ultimately, I'll just replace the stock parts, but I'm just getting started. ANY help, or ideas appreciated. Howard.

mobile_bob

tell the gasketstogo guy (i forget his name) that the gasket for the 1100 is the one that he got from an associate who had them in stock... it has the "printaseal" red silicone outline around the water ports and also the same "printaseal" that spells out "S1100" on the face of the gasket.

very simple and he can have them to you very quickly.

he was going to make me some gaskets for the 195 i was working with at the time, and this other dude stopped by his office and recognized the gasket as one he had in stock over at his shop...

the S1100 is a larger bore than the s195, however the ID of the gasket is the same for the idi 195's and the di s1100's

everything else is exactly the same dimension wise.

the gaskets he sent me were of the carbon fiber type with printaseal, rather than the old flaky looking asbestos gaskets of old.   the new gaskets take a lot more pressure and heat without failing.

bob g

vdubnut62

The starting crank is just a 3/4 or so rod with a pin through it and bent into the shape of a crank. I can send a picture & measurements if you want. Also have a couple manuals in digital form if you don't. I'm not positive but I think a Farmall Cub starting crank will work. I'll check for certain IF I can find the crank for my 51 Cub.I seems to be buried under
the piles of stuff from I inheritated from my late Father. My son in law  is a top notch parts guy & if I had a dead engine to take down he could find US replacement equivalents if anyone could. 
What brand do you have anyway? Mine is a XingDong and is INdirect injection.
Ron.
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

howard

My engine is a Wu Ling, and says S1100 on the data plate. That's all I know, so far. I need to clean, and bleed, the fuel system to try to get it running, but the fuel element, and washers are biodiesel damaged, so I need to replace all that. The rest is a winter project, as is the ST7.5.
H.

buickanddeere

Yanmar was one of the earlier companies to clone this engine from the "White" which may have been an original ?. Yanmar parts may fit ?

playdiesel

Quote from: mobile_bob on November 03, 2014, 06:03:31 PM
tell the gasketstogo guy (i forget his name) that the gasket for the 1100 is the one that he got from an associate who had them in stock... it has the "printaseal" red silicone outline around the water ports and also the same "printaseal" that spells out "S1100" on the face of the gasket.

bob g

John is his name Bob  ;)

As they have said John the gaskets-to-go guy is a good guy and good product.  That same  S1100 gasket also fits my "powermart" 1115 that has the raised are on the sleeve.

Lee the parts connection guy does seem to come and go as far as communications.  I did buy and receive some parts from him a couple years ago. He has been over on the other forum a couple times lately.
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

deeiche

Quote from: buickanddeere on November 05, 2014, 01:03:08 PM
Yanmar was one of the earlier companies to clone this engine from the "White" which may have been an original ?. Yanmar parts may fit ?

I always thought Yanmar derived their designs from the Deutz MAH line of diesel, not Witte.

mobile_bob

when you think about it, there are only a couple of ways to orient a single cylinder engine, and of that only a couple of ways to implement the chosen design

when it comes to horizontal single cylinders, don't they all look about the same?  especially those with water hopper cooling systems?

it gets down to the "chicken or the egg" argument to me.

i have heard the chinese singles follow a german design, that might be, however there are countless engine's having been built all over the world that follow the same basic design.

hell of a lot of hit and miss gas/kero spark engine's that generally follow the same design that predate or at least are contemporary with the earliest single cylinder diesels engines.

seems like by now someone would have definitive proof of lineage for the chinese singles being the descendants of some engine beit german or japanese long before now?

it does seem odd however given the chinese ability to copy engine's, that we can surely attribute their honda clones without any problem,,, can it be maybe the chinese copied an early engine that was maybe handy but not in wide circulation worldwide at the time... and the parent company discontinued the engine or went out of biz way back when?

we see lots of engine's that are close in design but none that are exact copies or nearly so.

and it is also possible that the chinese imported an engine designer way the hell back there to come up with a design that they could manufacture for use in their country and later their region of the world... that seems as likely or maybe more likely than them simply copying an existing design of an existing engine from some other part of the globe.

because we have not found proof of lineage linking this design, i am starting to think maybe they did just hire someone to design an engine or adapt an existing design for them to make.

bob g

bschwartz

I ordered a spare cylinder head, IP, and injector from here.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Diesel-engine-and-parts/214623_100085766/1.html

Parts arrived from China in about 3 weeks, and looked about as good as any I've seen.
- Brett

Metro 6/1, ST-5 - sold :(
1982 300SD
1995 Suburban 6.5 TD
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 TD
1950s ? Oilwell (Witte) CD-12 (Behemoth), ST-12
What else can I run on WVO?
...Oh, and an old R-170