News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Farymann diesel engines?

Started by Number21, July 25, 2014, 01:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Number21

I'm looking hard for a small, single cylinder water cooled diesel engine that I can purchase legally in the US. About the only ones that I even know exist are Farymann diesel engines, I think they're used in sailboats. They show some interesting options on their website (http://www.farymann.com/) but where do you buy such a thing?

Are there any other small liquid cooled diesel engines I can buy? I realize it won't be cheap. I'm attempting to build something like the APUs they put on semi trucks, but sized for a pickup.

playdiesel

I see a lot of Farymann engines in Amish country but don't believe I have aver seen one that was water cooled. They are an extremely high quality engine  As I remember farymann has one distributor in the USA, the info is likely on the website?

A couple years ago I bought two 9HP water cooled twins from an outfit that builds those APUs  They are tiny engines, not much larger than a 12HP Kohler. We had them out last summer long enough to start them up and run a bit of fresh fuel through the systems and put them back away. If you have interest send me a PM, they are in Ohio
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

mike90045

Redding, California    not too far from me, but I've had budget cuts and don't need it.

Number21

Quote from: playdiesel on July 25, 2014, 04:58:46 AM
I see a lot of Farymann engines in Amish country but don't believe I have aver seen one that was water cooled. They are an extremely high quality engine  As I remember farymann has one distributor in the USA, the info is likely on the website?

A couple years ago I bought two 9HP water cooled twins from an outfit that builds those APUs  They are tiny engines, not much larger than a 12HP Kohler. We had them out last summer long enough to start them up and run a bit of fresh fuel through the systems and put them back away. If you have interest send me a PM, they are in Ohio

I contacted the US distributor but they want to know what I'm "replacing", it looks like they don't want to just sell me an engine. I wonder how they actually sell any if they are this hard to find? I'll send you a PM about those engines.

Number21

I think there is a tiny water cooled single cylinder Kubota engine also, isn't there? I see pictures here and there but I can't even find specs on their website. Drives me crazy I can't find this stuff for sale!  :P

Number21

Well, after I told them I'm not a millionaire with a sailboat that needs a new engine the Farymann distributor won't even bother to respond and say "sorry we don't sell just the engine". Honestly I don't really want their product if they are going to be snobs like that...