News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Wild tour of the States/Canada...

Started by AdeV, March 27, 2014, 02:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdeV

Flew into Washington DC on Saturday night, spent 3 days in Roanoke NC, then a day in Baltimore MD, now in Dallas TX, going to Pheonix AZ for the weekend then up to SFO, Vancouver and Portland OR.

I'll be honest, I don't know what day it is, let alone what timezone I'm in. At least it's not snowing here...
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

Thob

If I had known you were coming, I'd set out a cold beer and hot BBQ for you to grab on your way by!
Witte 98RC Gas burner - Kubota D600 w/ST7.5KW head.
I'm not afraid to take anything apart.
I am sometimes afraid I'm not going to get it back together.

AdeV

Quote from: Thob on March 27, 2014, 02:21:33 PM
If I had known you were coming, I'd set out a cold beer and hot BBQ for you to grab on your way by!

I'm sure there's still time :)

From Portland on Friday, I have to make my way to Raleigh NC via Chattanooga TN... busy busy...

Cheers!
Ade.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5

mike90045

depending on your mode of travel, I'm 10 min off hwy 101, 3 hours north of San Francisco, if you wanted a break from driving.

AdeV

Quote from: mike90045 on March 27, 2014, 07:01:27 PM
depending on your mode of travel, I'm 10 min off hwy 101, 3 hours north of San Francisco, if you wanted a break from driving.

Ah, originally we were driving from SF to Portland; but now we have to go to Vancouver first so I believe we're flying from SF & either driving or flying back to Portland. However, we might be driving back from Portland (this is me & the boss), as the flight options out of Portland are somewhat limited...
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5

bschwartz

"............(this is me & the boss)......"

Your wife is with you?  ::)
- Brett

Metro 6/1, ST-5 - sold :(
1982 300SD
1995 Suburban 6.5 TD
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 TD
1950s ? Oilwell (Witte) CD-12 (Behemoth), ST-12
What else can I run on WVO?
...Oh, and an old R-170

AdeV

Quote from: bschwartz on March 28, 2014, 03:51:50 PM
"............(this is me & the boss)......"

Your wife is with you?  ::)

No, I don't have that kind of a boss... I should really call him my client, as I work for him but am not employed by him... we're doing a bit of a sales blitz around resellers/prospective customers, to try to drum up some more interest & enthusiasm; we think the US will be a key market for our product.

So far, it's going pretty well, faded a bit the last couple of days, but should pick up again next week. Just got a blitz up & down the West coast to handle...

Cheers,
Ade.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5

vdubnut62

I'm about an hour and a half from Chattanooga, if you look real far up in the hills to the North-Northwest you might see me jumping up and down and waving. ::)
If you have real good eyes.
Ron.
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

Mad_Labs

Quote from: mike90045 on March 27, 2014, 07:01:27 PM

Mike,

Cloverdale, Ukiah or Willits? I'm over on the coast, Albion.

Jonathan

mike90045

Quote from: Mad_Labs on March 29, 2014, 05:22:58 PM
Cloverdale, Ukiah or Willits? I'm over on the coast, Albion.   Jonathan 

Willits, CA
  (PM not working - or if you got 20 of them, sorry)

AdeV

Thanks to the airlines, we're now driving from Livermore to Eugene OR, to Vancouver (maybe not, not sure if the rental car can cross the border legally), then Seattle, then back to Oakland....

Mike - looks like I might be able to call by after all.... will let you know.

Cheers!
Ade.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5

Tom Reed

Well...I'd like to join the party too. We're located not to far from Mikes. Keep us informed and I look forward to meeting you.

Tom
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

AdeV

Damn :( We spent a night in Redding, which is only up the road; unfortunately we were in a hurry trying to make a 2pm deadline in Springfield OR, so having arrived late (10pm) & left early (8.30am), I wouldn't have been able to swing by anyway.

Also, plans change on the car, I'm now flying out of Seattle, and my mate is going to feign illness so he doesn't have to drive the car back to SFO, so he will also fly out of Seattle.

But... I do plan to return (many times I hope), and I will be in CA again. In fact, having driven the I-5 to Portland, I think the Southern Oregon/Northern California area needs some significant re-visiting, it's just jaw-dropping.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5