News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Anand Generator U ?? Type

Started by craigcurtin, November 11, 2009, 10:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craigcurtin

Guys,

I am looking at buying a Listeroid in the very near future from Anand in India. Some of their marketing blurb for their gen heads claim that they use a U type system in comparison to a standard ST head.

They claim this gives approx 25% better efficiency at the head in terms of HP to produce a given load as well as heat dissipated by the gen head.

Does anyone know anything about this or is it just marketing tripe ?

regards

Craig

Capt Fred

I've got one and they are awesome clean and stable power - only problem, cant use it cuz only ONE leg of 110volt - had to buy an ST head.

Keep it as a backup

Fred

JohnF

Jens;

Off you go again on generalities - the "required rebuild of an ST head"?  It's just not true.  As with everything else from China, there are varying degrees of quality.  Usually the people who "have" to rebuild a head before using are the same ones that were happy because they got one 5 cents cheaper than someone else's.

Sheeshhh - bet you believe the unproven hype in Global warming too!
John F
www.woodnstuff.ca
Listers, Changfas, Redstones, AG's and anything else diesel I can get my hands on!

Henry W

From what I am seeing there is good stuff comming from China also. I think quality will keep going up as time goes by.

Henry

mobile_bob

i don't think i believe a 20 or 25% increase in efficiency over the st head
certainly if the loads are similar and the heads are similar in size.

when you get to about 75-80% eeeking out another 5% in efficiency takes a hurculean effort
and very deep pockets.

there should be a law that relates theoretical efficiency to rotor diameter and stator length, for single
and 3phase heads.

theoretically a 3 phase head is going to fight like hell to make 85% in the under 30kwatt class
and single phase heads are going to really have trouble makeing it over 80% in the under 10kwatt class
in my opinion. factor in drive losses and it just isn't within the realm of possiblity to exceed these numbers
without a huge investment.

i might buy into a claim of 2% but no way would i bite onto 20% increase in efficiency over an st head
either single or three phase.

lets think about it a bit, a typical st 7.5 genhead can be mathamatically proven to be approx 78% efficient
at full load, direct driven at 1800rpm, lets just call it 80% efficient

20% of the 80% efficiency = 16%

80% efficient st head, 20% = 96% efficient anand genhead?

not going to happen under any conditions

bob g

craigcurtin

Guys thanks for the replies on this. I was wondering how i was magically going to see an additional 20% work out of my engine !!

Good to know that i can take it with a grain of salt.

regards

Craig

mobile_bob

don't feel bad about asking, there is so much hype in alternator ad copy that it is not even funny.

probably no different in that regard than what it was 50 or a hundred years ago.

i think they get away with it because it is such a small segment of a rather small and specialized market
to start with that the fed's don't have time to hold their claims to the fire.

sort of like the old saying "the first liar doesn't stand a chance"

there will always be someone to step up and claim even more.

bob g

lowspeedlife

Any one know if the indians are still using aluminum wire in thier ST generators or did they stop when the price of copper came back down (relatively speaking)

Scott R.
Old Iron For A New Age