News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

waste oil boilers

Started by Jens, September 30, 2013, 07:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jens

Yes, exhaust gas heat recovery is a funny animal with it changing as the walls of the heat exchanger soot up.

If we assume 25k btu per hour times 24 hours that's 600k btu. If I wanted a 4 hr burn time of the boiler that would require a 150k btu burner ....interesting!

Thanks for the calcs!

stirich

well after using WO for over 25 yrs i just sold the boiler and burner and went to LP gas. unless you have a great never-ending supply of good oil ( i won't bore you with all of my bad oil story's ) and are not on the EPA's radar .........i would re-think it. i would never ever put any WO any thing in my home. mine was in a attached garage and i had a 500 gal. out side. i had to relay on others for oil which was over flowing at first but the last few years had to buy for about 1.00 a gal.
so just my .02 worth and this comes from a guy who would not put a boiler that runs #2 oil in his house either, just so you know where I'm coming from. and unless things have changed most require a air compressor,  i have heard some of the new ones have them built in but i would want to see how much noise they make??