News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

welcome to the new microcogeneration forum

Started by admin, September 20, 2009, 04:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

This forum was a quick solution and hopefully a replacement for the listerforum which went down
last week.

The software look and operation is a bit different than the lister forum, but i think most folks will
have no problems sorting out how thing work.

For those wondering "why the change in focus from lister/oids to cogeneration" the answer is simple.

It is the opinion of many that the listeroid as an ongoing engine or hobby is a dieing proposition, with the EPA regulations what they are there are likely not going to be any more engine's imported into this country (US), this stifles any future growth with new folks coming onto the scene. No new engines = no new growth in folks getting into the game.

That answers part of the question, leaving "but why cogeneration"??

The answer to that comes from the experience of others where upon completion of their gensets they set out to attach all manner of heat exchangers, pumps, controls etc in order to harvest the waste heat,, in doing so they step from a simple generator into the world of cogeneration.  It would seem reasonable that, if most folks will end up doing the cogen thing, why not start off with that goal in mind?

In closeing this new forum is not perfect, it surely will not satisfy everyone, but the hope is it will evolve into whatever the needs of the group truely are.

Welcome aboard, get involved, ask your questions, answer those of others, share your idea's, as well as concerns, and at least have fun.

thanks

Admin

Henry W

Stan

Hey Jens....How about a topic for Dursley Listers???
Stan
We're not sure who first discovered water, but we do know it wasn't a fish.

middle of nowhere

wrightkiller

gasman28110

Damn It was almost like quitting smokeing all over again.
Glad to see everyone again.
Johnny.

Capt Fred

Great to see this new site up and running - great layout - well done!

Thanks for letting us gmail folks board the bus too.

Cheers, Fred

veggie

Nice to see a lot of the old names on the new forum.
Thanks to all who helped make this happen.

Cheers,
Veggie

dpollo

Nice to see you all again.   Thank you Jens for your time and energy.  dave

contaucreek

I like your selection of forum subjects !!  Our new home  ;D

Stan

Quote from: Jens on September 21, 2009, 12:57:42 PM
Quote from: Stan on September 21, 2009, 12:34:19 PM
Hey Jens....How about a topic for Dursley Listers???
Stan

Stan, your request is noted but IMHO we already have too many subcategories. Since most post relating to a genuine lister also relate to the 'oids (and the other way around), I don't see what would be gained by separating the two.
The categories will be reviewed but I would think not for a while yet. Lets get things going first.
If you have a specific reason for wanting a separate classification for real Listers, you might want to elaborate a bit. Maybe there is a good reason and we just haven't thought about it.

One more thing ..... I am not the admin here !  ..... just a tiny cog in the great machine :)
What we intend to do once things get going is to put together a group of volunteers to run the show. The idea being that the site is a community site and not an individuals fancy. It will be the job of those volunteers to steer the direction of the forum.
For those that have not seen the original proposal by Mobile Bob, he proposes (and I think it's a great idea) that the new forum is somewhat user supported for financing. We are thinking that the casual user can access all functions of the forum for free so that the site stays essentially free. On the other hand, those people that would like to support the forum can do so with an annual donation. The details of this have not been worked out yet. Anyway, the volunteers/steering committee/moderators/what-have-you will be selected from those people that have contributed financially to the running costs of the forum.
To repeat myself, the site will remain FREE !  .... but if you wish to contribute you will be able to do so.

Jens

"Perkins/Cat"????? 
Stan
We're not sure who first discovered water, but we do know it wasn't a fish.

rl71459

Hi Everyone

Glad to see we all have a new place! Welcome back everyone! And many thanks to all that have made this possible!

Rob

billswan

Hey guys !!!!!!!!!!

Great work to the powers that be, thanks ADMIN.

Billswan
16/1 Metro DI at work 900rpm and 7000watts

10/1 Omega in a state of failure

mobile_bob

Well how about this place???

pretty snazzy huh???

yup, and i noticed the "CHANGFA" corner!!!

a few days ago, i wouldn't have thought this would be possible.

now i know what chris mathews meant when on inauguration night he said
"hey i got a tingly feeling running up and down my leg"!!

:o

nice to see some old face's back up and running

bob g