News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Surplus Center Yanmar 2TNV70 electrical?

Started by joha, October 15, 2012, 06:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joha

I picked up a surplus center yanmar 2TNV70.  It came with a timer (129211-77920), glow plug relay (119650-77910) and diode (119643-66900).  Anyone know how they are wired?  Is the timer for the glow plugs?  I'm sure I could figure the relay out, but what is the diode for?  Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Jim

Lloyd

The diode is for the energize to run solenoid, as the coil is energized the complete time the engine runs it develops a high saturation, when the kill switch is hit the coil voltage collapses and sends a spike back into the circuit. This will play havoc on discrete components.

Lloyd
JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.

Lloyd

Quote from: Lloyd on October 15, 2012, 11:30:35 PM
The diode is for the energize to run solenoid, as the coil is energized the complete time the engine runs it develops a high saturation, when the kill switch is hit the coil voltage collapses and sends a spike back into the circuit. This will play havoc on discrete components.

Lloyd

This link is to a typical Yanny electrical schematic http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=timer%20(129211-77920)&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdownloads.pfgaustralia.com.au%2Fintranetwebcache%2FService%2FService%2520Manuals%2FYM%2FTEC-EF453T%2FTEC-EF453T%252010.pdf
JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.

joha

Lloyd

Thank you ever so much.  That was exactly what I needed.  I searched high and low, but found nothing.
Thanks again

Jim

vayidaho

COLORED 2TNV70 WIRING DIAGRAM---JPEG File

I have taken a line diagram off a Yanmar Tractor Manual page (which had spidery light lines impossible to read) and highlighted each line in a different color so I could figure out how to wire my 2TNV70 Genset Project.

I would be glad to share it, but I cannot figure out how to upload the JPEG file so you guys can click on it for a download if you want.  Would someone who is knowledgeable post the upload instructions?

Or if you send me an email at vayidaho@gmail.com, I will send it as an attachment. Just put YANMAR COLOR WIRING in the subject line so I don't toss it without reading.  I get 300 emails a day.

Thanks

Tom

joha

Finally got around to finishing up the Yanmar gen set.  Ended up using a Parmac (Model MS100LL) 9.5Kw 2 pole brushless generator, Sflex drive coupler, Hayes stub shaft.  The Yanmar 2TNV70 is a nice little engine.  Had a 5Kw load on it and was putting out 122 volt at 60.2 Hz.  That is more than enough to run the house.  Just wanted to thank all that helped me along the way.

Jim