News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Perkins 402C fuel High Pressure problem

Started by 12vdiesel, October 08, 2012, 09:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

12vdiesel

Question for those who have a Perkins 402C regarding first start and no fuel to injectors. I have been trying to get the things started but no joy. Bled the fuel system all the way up to the injector pump several times. Cranked engine and cracked the high pressure line to the injector(s) with no success (cranked long enough to get 50 psi oil pressure).  Tried it with without power and with power to the solenoid on the injector pump.  Any suggestions as to why I cannot get fuel on the high pressure side of the pump.  Any help would be much appreciated. A new engine should not be this hard to start. 

Lloyd

Had the exact same problem,http://www.microcogen.info/index.php?topic=709.msg25313#msg25313 on my perky. I am going to guess you have the same issue. A varnished up IP, the only solution is off with the IP and to the shop.

Lloyd
JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.

12vdiesel

Many thanks Lloyd - you were spot on.

Pulled the HP pump this morning and found the rack frozen solid in the off position.

Repairs to follow.