News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

WoW!!!

Started by Henry W, August 23, 2012, 03:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabricator

YEEEE HAAAWWWW!!!! He's lucky he was driving a diesel!, and he never lost the trailer, I'll bet it was a BIG surprise when he first went over the edge, "Yeah this looks like a nice shallow spot, awww #hit!"

Frank S

you are not stuck until you admit that you are stuck, movement equals possibility.
some will never escape the confines of the box. I've lived outside of mine for so long that I can no longer even find my box

fabricator

Yep, that's why he kept wiggling it back and forth, I came damn close to laying a big articulating loader on it's side one time doing that.

Tom Reed

If it's still running, there's a chance.
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

Horsepoor

I'd be willing to bet if he had lost the states tractor and trailer, he'd be sent off to a political reeducation camp or gulag. You got admit that Russian tractor is built tough! Back in the middle of the last century, USA industry was able to build machinery like that. No B.S. EPA emission modules or similar to fail in the water and shut the engine down.

I wonder if all that water surrounding the rotating radiator fan didn't over load and snap the fan belt? 

rcavictim

Quote from: Horsepoor on August 24, 2012, 11:21:55 PM
I'd be willing to bet if he had lost the states tractor and trailer, he'd be sent off to a political reeducation camp or gulag. You got admit that Russian tractor is built tough! Back in the middle of the last century, USA industry was able to build machinery like that. No B.S. EPA emission modules or similar to fail in the water and shut the engine down.

I wonder if all that water surrounding the rotating radiator fan didn't over load and snap the fan belt? 

Funny, the same though occured to me too!
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

LowGear

QuoteYou got admit that Russian tractor is built tough! Back in the middle of the last century, USA industry was able to build machinery like that. No B.S. EPA emission modules or similar to fail in the water and shut the engine down.

Let's not lose site of the fact that this was not the sharpest crayola in the box driving this unit and it's on YouTube because he was really, really, really lucky.  One sideways fart and he could have been a star on the Darwin Awards program.

Casey

vdubnut62

MOST of the time when a V-belt gets that wet, it slips like crazy, thus taking the strain off it. My opinion only, no purchase required, invalid if it doesn't happen. ::)
Ron.
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

Jens

Just to throw a different perspective on the situation ....
no snorkel and the water got to just about the top of the engine enclosure. I wonder how he avoided hydrolocking and destroying the engine. Maybe I didn't see the snorkel ?

Henry W

The snorkel heigth was almost level with the roof.

Jens

Duuuuhhh !!!! I saw the exhaust but not the intake that is almost in front of the exhaust!

Maybe that is why I can't, for the life of me, find the damn spare batteries for my welding mask. I figured they would pop right up after I ordered replacements but they are still remaining elusive :(

Maybe it's a good thing I am not playing with Thumper, I would probably not see the flywheels :(

Horsepoor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIDtwhLs5_0&feature=related

Apparently trucks crossing rivers in not uncommon. One section of the river scene looks very much like the area where the yellow tractor got stuck. I must admit the Russians seem to build a very tough truck.

fabricator

Tough=true diesel engines= ZERO electronics, no computer controls, nothing, run an American diesel through those spots and it would die almost immediately, not because of the engine but the electronics would short out and kill the engine, I have two old tractors that would run under water though.

LowGear

Wouldn't it be fabulous or unforgettable getting caught in stop n go traffic behind one of these monster?   Or climbing a long grade behind a couple of them with one passing the other?

I wonder how many gallons of fuel and crappy air we're saved from due to our weak sistered electronic diesels?

Casey