News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

xantrex 6048

Started by randybarry, July 24, 2012, 09:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randybarry

Is it possible to have ac1 to qualify the power input from the power supplied from the trailer park which is 30 amps does it have to be 60 amp .I can't get it to qualify

LowGear

Hi randybarry,

Two Xantrex question on the same day.  There are a couple of experts on these inverters that can answer both of our questions I'm sure.

Does the park give you 120 or 240?  Is the XW flexible enough to work with a 120 grid?

Casey

randybarry

yes the park power is 120 v @30 amps

Tom Reed

In the past I was real into the programming on my SW2512. I believe there are a couple of different ways you could go here. Easiest and safest would be to put grid power into AC2 which is for generator power. Then charging amps could be limited via programming and you're good to go. However if you're using the AC2 inputs already then I think you can tighten up the AC1 voltage input range so that if the circuit is overloaded the charge will cutback.

Going back to the AC2 input, what I did on my installation was to wire a power cord into it and move the plug from a grid receptacle to a generator receptacle.
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

randybarry

Thanks a lot ,I will give it a try let you know tomorrow!

mike90045

The XW from the factory, needs 240VAC to qualify the grid.   There is a mod you can get from the X-men, to convert the whole system to 120V and not worry about phase balance, and it will qualify a 120VAC source

Hint - the AC2 input is more flexible, and can handle a generator +- 5 hz or so.

randybarry

Thanks Mike I will give it a try !