News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Where to buy fuse block with relay sockets?

Started by tinkerer, July 05, 2012, 10:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinkerer

I am looking for a universal fuse block with a few sockets that a standard bosch type relay will plug into. Does anything like this exist?
Ben

mobile_bob

if  you find one let me know!

might check with "painless wiring" they build custom harnesses for old cars and hotrods
they might have something like that available.

another option is check with a hd truck dealer, their fuse/breaker panels have relay sockets, at least some of the oem's
place them on the same block, although many use a separate block for the relays.

they can also supply all the little clips and terminals

probably more circuits than you need, but might be a good option in that i know they are heavy duty enough to be worth the effort.

unlike one i bought from an ebay seller, it was absolute crap!  and there was no way to replace the terminals in the fuse sockets, they were
made into the molding of the plastic.  definitely china's worst effort in my opinion.

bob g

Lloyd

Hella,

Makes a relay socket,

If ya look close, you'll see that they slide/lock together, and also com with mounting tabs for a screw.

http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/SearchResults.aspx?Term=relay%20socket&dsNav=N:0,Ntk:Primary|relay%20socket|3|
is a place, also Granger.

Lloyd
JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.

Lloyd

JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.

mobile_bob

Lloyd

u b da man!

that is about an elegant of a solution as i have ever seen, completely customizable too!

nice!

thanks for posting that

bob g

Lloyd

Bussmann also makes a modular fuse/relay panel and it's IP66 rated(water proof)

http://www.cooperindustries.com/content/public/en/bussmann/transportation/products/power_distribution/power_distribution_modules/series_15400_rfrmrear-fedfuserelaymodule.html

Quote from: mobile_bob on July 06, 2012, 10:11:56 AM
Lloyd

u b da man!

that is about an elegant of a solution as i have ever seen, completely customizable too!

nice!

thanks for posting that

bob g