News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Where is everybody these days??

Started by tinkerer, April 30, 2012, 10:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinkerer

Seems like there's not much activity on here lately? Is it just that time of the year?? I do admit I've been busy. Hope everyone's well!

Tom Reed

Still here, spring activities are keeping me busy.
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

mbryner

Sun's shining.  Not using Listeroid at all, so not thinking about it much.  :)
JKson 6/1, 7.5 kw ST head, propane tank muffler, off-grid, masonry stove, thermal mass H2O storage

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temp Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin, 1775

"The 2nd Amendment is the RESET button of the US Constitution"

wiebe

Stil here reading ,if there is somithing that is to my interest.
And experimenting with my new small solar panels 2x50watt and one battery 12v65Ah.
To see if my trancievers can be powerd from the sun 24/7.
And te test is ok it can be done with some considderation.

Greetings Wiebe.
kubota knd3

mobile_bob

still around, barely kicking and over my head with projects that need done...

and feeling guilty that i haven't had time to get to the install of the cogen, maybe by fall?

bob g

rcavictim

I still check in.  I'm hoping to get back to the wind turbines as soon as the weather warms up enough but this pesky SETI discovery just fell in my lap and I suspect it is going to be a bit of a distraction this summer that I don't need.  We had a very unusual mid March and I was actually out there welding steel on the tower on March 15th and 16th.  Two months ahead of normal for around here!
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

Jedon

My Metro 6/1 and Lister SR2 have been gathering dust since I'm running mostly on sun and hydro with some backup from the Onan 10K.
Spring projects had originally called for 4 more 200W PV panels and another 600ft of penstock for the hydro, looks more like summer projects now.

hal

Is everyone fishing or hunting?

The forum upgrade looks good.

deeiche

Quote from: hal on June 06, 2012, 03:15:33 PM

playing softball, growing alfalfa and experimenting with Miscanthus

Lloyd

Quote from: hal on June 06, 2012, 03:15:33 PM

I thought someone re-arranged the furniture...I just thought i was finally adapting to my wife.

I still here...but thinking I am going to change my handle to Bilge Rat

but I can't think of what bilge to name after.

L..yd
JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.

sailawayrb

Yes, the forum upgrade is nice!

This week I have been digging big holes, placing water tanks and septic tank, and doing much 2" PVC plumbing.

Bob B.

mobile_bob

been covered up with the garden project, it turns out to be a full time job or so it seems!

71 tomato plants, 43 assorted pepper plants, 40 cucumber mounds, assorted watermelon, cantelope, honeydew and all the other normal stuff.

basically enough to feed a small country!

next year my plan is about 1/3 this size, taking from what i learn this year.

bob g

vdubnut62

Quote from: mobile_bob on June 07, 2012, 10:42:35 AM
been covered up with the garden project, it turns out to be a full time job or so it seems!

71 tomato plants, 43 assorted pepper plants, 40 cucumber mounds, assorted watermelon, cantelope, honeydew and all the other normal stuff.

basically enough to feed a small country!

next year my plan is about 1/3 this size, taking from what i learn this year.

bob g

I was going to ask if you had decided to grow commercially for the Farmer's Market. ::)
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

Frank S

some will never escape the confines of the box. I've lived outside of mine for so long that I can no longer even find my box

mobile_bob

signed up for the local farmers market, however it is only one night a week, and i am committed elsewhere on that night every other week,

so i bough a chest deep freeze and am in the process of getting it filled,

the excess so far i am giving away to some of the older folks in the neighborhood, they being on fixed incomes are happy to get it.

i don't think i am smart enough to make money as a truck farmer, at least not this year.

it has taken me the last 4 days just to prune the tomato plants, some of which are now nearly 6 ft tall, and summer hasn't started yet!
just got done with the last plant and i notice the first ones are as big now or bigger than when i started!  crap!

i feel like a painter on the golden gate bridge!

next year i am going to put them up against cattle panels, tie them up splayed out and use a hedge clipper to keep the at bay!

the tomato's are just starting to turn red, i figure at peak we will probably take over 250 tomato's per week out of this forest, so...

i hope the locals like tomato's

bob g