Differant models of Changfa/Redstone/Chinese diesels.

Started by Henry W, November 01, 2009, 08:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdubnut62

My changfa turned out to be a 10 year old Xing Dong s1100d . I going to go out on a limb here and suppose that the "D" meahs direct injected.?  Does this mean anything to anybody? How bad have I been given the shaft as it were?
I can't find a D#@N thing about a freakin Xing Dong!!!  I did find a website that downloads trojans, What a pisser! I'll bet that parts are nonexistant....
Anybody have any ideas or info?
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

flywheel

Quote from: vdubnut62 on December 01, 2009, 07:37:34 PM
My changfa turned out to be a 10 year old Xing Dong s1100d . I going to go out on a limb here and suppose that the "D" meahs direct injected.?  Does this mean anything to anybody? How bad have I been given the shaft as it were?

Ron - I do not believe the D means direct injection.  I believe the letter Z before the model number indicates direct injection.  Example - ZS1100D.  D might mean dynamo, or alternator.  Does this engine have a wire or wires that are behind the flywheel??  Does it have a headlight? 

Just because the engine is 10 years old does not mean its not a good engine.  Parts are available for the 1100 engines and many are the same as  S195 engines and I do have a manual for the S1100a1 engine.

I can't find a D#@N thing about a freakin Xing Dong!!!  I did find a website that downloads trojans, What a pisser! I'll bet that parts are nonexistant....
Ron
Never met a diesel engine I didnt like.

vdubnut62

Thanks for the info Flywheel. No head light, but it does have electric start and a rectifier hanging on a plate that has a keyswitch and an amp gauge.   

You have a flywheel generator on this engine, if you can find sff-45 on the rectifier its 6v,45 watts or yf131 its 14v, 100 watts. Most likely yf131 if your starter is 12v.  It will keep your battery charged if its working.

I gather then that the Chinese engines are built to a somewhat common spec like the Indian lister clones?
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like because the engine is older that it isn't a good engine! I was just worried that parts would be impossible to find, but it came with nearly anything I might need except a set of rod bearings.  And I never even heard of  a Xing Dong!
I guess I was thinking too much of Briggs, onan Tecumseh etc. and the parts will NEVER exchange!
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

vdubnut62

Wow, that's strange! Can anybody explain how an answer to my post came up in the middle of my post?
Flywheel, I would really really really like to have a copy of that 1100 manual. Please!
Ron

flywheel

Quote from: vdubnut62 on December 05, 2009, 07:55:08 PM
Wow, that's strange! Can anybody explain how an answer to my post came up in the middle of my post?
Flywheel, I would really really really like to have a copy of that 1100 manual. Please!
Ron
Ron, sorry about the mixup in your last post and it was me that did it. I simply hit the wrong button.  I can scan and send you a copy of my s1100a2nm engine manual, its about 57 large 7.5 x 10.25 inch pages.  It also one of the best manuals I have seen for any of the china singles.  Send me a PM with your email address.

I was looking in the 1100 manual and I noticed the 1100 engine does not come with a set of spare rod bearings, all other singles always have a extra set included in the parts and tool kit. 
Don't worry - it takes the same rod bearings as the s195 and they are as common as Fords.  I guess I should look at my parts kit and see whats in it.  The manual states what tools and spare parts come with the engine.    flywheel

flywheel

Quote from: vdubnut62 on December 01, 2009, 07:37:34 PM
Ron
Ron
Model S1100d - S means evaporative cooling (hopper),  1100 is the engine model, D means electric starting and flywheel generator. 
The letter T in a model number means it has a lamp or headlight. 
Some engines will have a flywheel generator and not have a lamp or headlight. There are many different makers of single cyl. diesel engines and they all do not use the same letters for identification.           flywheel

vdubnut62

Thanks flywheel! ;D Well you are absolutely correct about everything, alternator behind the flywheel, no headlight, hopper cooled, electric start and
yes,  INdirect injection - I pulled the head today. Good thing too, the very bottom water passage is completely plugged with rusty crap and sludge
from running with tap water, no that's too kind, I think it had been cooled with water scooped from a mudhole, since new. I suspected trouble there from the looks of the hopper.
I was told that it was direct injected by the guy I bought it from, so that's what threw me.
But everything , so far, looks good, just neglected the cylinder is slick,still a few crosshatch marks at the top couple of inches. I need to lap the valves, set the clearances and pull the side cover to check the counterweight shafts bearings and just generally check the innards out.
Aw hell, I just wanna see what's in there!

mobile_bob

when you get the water passages as clean as you can, and you get it back together and running
go down to the hardware store and get a quart or two of muriatic acid and also stop and pickup a few
boxes of baking soda to neutralize afterwards

fill the hopper with fresh water and add a quart of acid and let it run for a while, then drain, refill and neutralize
with the soda, drain and refill

that will strip most if not all the rust, sludge and calcium deposits from the cooling system and off the liner
exterior.

then when you are ready to put it to work again refill it with a 50/50mix of antifreeze and check the ph just to make
sure where you are.

also use demineralized water, some area's of the country have such high lime content that you will quickly get another
layer of deposits

an 1/8" of lime deposit on the liner has the same insulating qualities of 4" of cast iron, something to keep in mind on these
engine's.

fwiw

btw, if the engine is indirect injection it should be capable of burning just about anything you want to put into it, which might be
a plus for you depending on what your goals are.

i still wish for an 1100, and figure to get one somewhere,,,, somehow,,, someday

bob g

vdubnut62

Thanks Bob, I figure a couple hours with a pressure washer will maybe get things to the point where I  can see whats going on ;)
I don't know where the blue color in the hopper came from, I can't see it with the naked eye. It really does look worse in person.
Got the muratic acid on the shelf, but I didn't think about the baking soda! I must be slipping, I was just figuring on a really good rinse.
I don't know where I would find any limestone water in Tennessee. Jack Daniels (highly overrated IMHO, I prefer shine) famous limestone water made whiskey distillery is here,
and my shower and toilet has a constant battle with lime deposits.  Our local water supply is from Center Hill Lake, it's just about lined with limestone.
Yep, I live smack dab in the middle of Kidney Stone central. I eat a lot of pickled stuff and take a snort of Cider Vinegar every so often ::)
Sorry if that's too much info.
Ron

mobile_bob

we have a radiator manufacture/supplier out here that will not warranty any radiator that is not filled with demineralized
water or off the shelf 50/50 premix.

after seeing what happens to the trans cooler cores inside some of the radiators they have cut apart, along with clogged
tubes, it surely is no wonder why the warrantee issue

comeing from kansas, i remember lime deposits built up on everything.

i think the problem is compounded with hopper evaporative systems, where makeup water is added as a normal part
of operation, over time the lime deposits have to get really out of hand i would think.

being one of 4 sons of a plumber i remember very well how well muriatic acid is at clearing lime deposits in a hurry.

i figure on using it with some regularity when i put my changfa's into operation, even though they will be running as a closed
system.

bob g

vdubnut62

Got the ST-12 Head from Tom today wow  what a beast!  I may have eyes bigger that my abilities!
Sharp looking unit though, I am really happy with all the covers and screens. Ya'll better be wishing me luck!
Ron

vdubnut62

Well, Tom at Central Georgia Generator is a topnotch feller to do business with. I got my ST-12 in just a few days, the shipping was very reasonable
to a commercial dock, I had it shipped to work.  Being in the freight business myself, I know a good job of packing when I see it too. Looks like they have shipped a couple of these and know what they are doing.
Now I get to build a generator shed! This unit is going to be heavy, I don't think I have to worry about the wind blowing it away.
Thought I would post a pic or two of the pieces so far.
Ron

LincTex

I have a Chang Chai ZS1110. I bought it mounted in a little tractor, which has been amazingly handy (6 fwd and 2 reverse speeds, 3pt hitch)

I will mount a generator on the front and use the flywheel for belt drive.

I have had the tractor two years. It is nearly brand new. I bought it for $400 from a guy who couldn't figure out how to get it started (it came with his property). It starts very easy and runs smooth and clean.
Metro 6-1 from Sam Crosby, 2007
Chang Chai 1110 - 18 HP

Tom Reed

Ooooohhhh! could you post some pics of that tractor????
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

NevadaBlue

This is my first post, thanks for letting me join!

I have a 10KW generator that I bought in 1998 and have never run. Life got in the way and it sat in storage all this time. I did fill it with antifreeze/water mix before storing and it looks good now. I just got a 2 horse trailer for a portable shed for it and got the genset out of storage. My problem is that I can't find the manual. (surprise. :D )

flywheel, PM sent. :) I hope to get this lady running finally and I'll post pics of the installation. I need it portable to allow me to drag it to a community well just in case we need to fill the water tank in an emergency.

The generator will be mounted in this: