Differant models of Changfa/Redstone/Chinese diesels.

Started by Henry W, November 01, 2009, 08:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

This Topic has been started because I just found out my engines model numbers are ZS195M. Not an S195M.

The Z before S195 means the engine is direct injected. The M after S195 means the engine has electric start.

I have been working on getting an updated manual with part numbers for the direct injected S195 series engines for a while and had no success. This might might explane it.

Since I just found this out early this morning I will have to write back to the companies in China and give them this model number. This time I hope they will understand what I am talking about.

If you have any Chinese engines that you think are differant from the norm please post them here and explane what is differant about them.

Thank you,

Henry

veggie

Henry,

Good luck with the manual. I have been searching for an updated version of the generic copy that came with my engines for over a year. I don't think Changfa ever bothered to make a newer version of the one that was translated many years ago.
There may be a revised version in Chinese, but as far as I can tell, they did not spend the money to have it converted to the different languages of the countries to which they export.

Veggie

Henry W

That is not what I wanted to hear :(
Well lets not give up yet.
As long as I can get the proper part numbers for Head, Piston, Injector, Rings, Cylinder Liner and Head Gasket.

Henry

flywheel

Here is a couple more designations from my Changchai manual.
N is radiator cooling.
M is electric starting.
NM is radiator cooling with electric starting.
Models without M are hand cranking starting, no electric starter.

Both of my Changfa 195's are S195M models, indirect injection with swirl combustion chamber.

flywheel
Never met a diesel engine I didnt like.

veggie

Both of mine are ZS195NM...

Direct injection
Radiator cooling (Now removed)
Electric start

Henry, what's the code letter for the ones that have a headlight ?

Veggie

vdubnut62

I'm working a deal for  Changfa 1100. I was looking for a manual for it. Mobile Bob told me they are bout the same as a 195 direct injected, so I won't be totally out in the cold.  Anybody know of one of these critters anywhere in captivity?
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

flywheel

Quote from: vdubnut62 on November 01, 2009, 09:28:44 PM
I'm working a deal for  Changfa 1100. I was looking for a manual for it. Mobile Bob told me they are bout the same as a 195 direct injected, so I won't be totally out in the cold.  Anybody know of one of these critters anywhere in captivity?
Ron

I have a manual for the changchai S1100A2nm (indirect injection) complete with exploded parts view, part numbers and interchangeable parts section common to the 195's.  Do you know what the complete model # is, there are S1100A,  S1100A1,  S1100A2 models that I'm aware of. 

Is the one you are lookin into a direct or indirect model. 

flywheel

mobile_bob

i would sure like to have an 1100 direct injection model

anybody got one they wanna sell or trade?  i gots some interesting stuff that needs a new home

bob g

vdubnut62

All I know is that it is SUPPOSED to be direct injected, the prefix letter is an "S" .
If I ever get the shipping kinks worked out, and the doggone thing gets here, I'll let y'all know more.
At this point I hope I ain't bought a boat anchor!
I haven't heard it run, I ain't seen it, just a pic, made the deal sight unseen, go ahead and slap me, I need some sense knocked into me.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

vdubnut62

Well the 1100 SHOULD be here by either the end of this week or first of next week. The hoops I jump through trying to
save a dollar or two, some times I think that I should just bite the bullet and shell out the cash.
Ron

flywheel

From the Changfa website, engine model number with letter designation.
The letter Z in the model number means direct injection.
The letter G in the model number means double ball bearing.
                                                                                      flywheel

Shipo

Ron where did you bought that 1100? And it's Changfa? ;)
Changfa 195/10kw
Changfa 170R/3Kw
Onan 6.0DJE-3CE
Yanmar TS-105C/Winco 5.3KW

Henry W

Veggie Wrote:

Henry, what's the code letter for the ones that have a headlight?

It could be an L on the end of the model number. I looked this up on the Golden flying fist website.

Henry

vdubnut62

Shipo, its supposed to be a changfa! I bought it sight unseen from a guy in Windsor Missouri. He got it on a ZTR mower that someone had tried to use the changfa to replace a Kohler. I can just guess how that worked out, replaced a 75 lb engine with a 375lb one.
Anyway, I decided to take a chance on it, the spare parts kit is still with it, the guy seemed honest, and I did pay for it with Paypal.
I am supposed to get it within a week or so, I'll keep you posted. Tom @ Georgia generator says I can drive a 12kw st head with it,
I have a drive system sorta planned, I just need to run down a few components and do some machine work.
Wish me luck!
Ron

WGB

So what do the numbers mean?
They don't seem to match anything.