News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Public apology re 12 volt Ballasts, but with good news

Started by bobansen, February 24, 2012, 03:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobansen

Hi all, I wish to say sorry to all the forum members who have placed orders or enquires regarding the ballast. It turns out that out that the Firefly agent who had the units for sale has been dismissed for selling old faulty stock. Any faulty units which he should have returned to the company were held back and then he tried to re sell them to the public. With this in mind I have declind to get involved. I only found this out after I sent 30 units back direct to Firefly for exchange only tobe told they are now discontinued. It was then they gave me the whole story.
However, the GOOD news is Firefly will now sell their products  to me direct.
I will research for more info and post my finding here.
Again please accept my sincere apologies.

rcavictim

Quote from: bobansen on February 24, 2012, 03:28:27 AM
Hi all, I wish to say sorry to all the forum members who have placed orders or enquires regarding the ballast. It turns out that out that the Firefly agent who had the units for sale has been dismissed for selling old faulty stock. Any faulty units which he should have returned to the company were held back and then he tried to re sell them to the public. With this in mind I have declind to get involved. I only found this out after I sent 30 units back direct to Firefly for exchange only tobe told they are now discontinued. It was then they gave me the whole story.
However, the GOOD news is Firefly will now sell their products  to me direct.
I will research for more info and post my finding here.
Again please accept my sincere apologies.

Everywhere you turn nowadaze someone is trying to scam you.  Society is breaking down.  Not blaming Bob here just to be clear.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

Ronmar

Quote from: rcavictim on February 24, 2012, 07:11:54 AM
Everywhere you turn nowadaze someone is trying to scam you.  Society is breaking down.  Not blaming Bob here just to be clear.

That is because it is far easier to do when there isn't a handshake involved in the transaction, and sadly more and more business is being done that way these days...

I do wonder however about the quality of a product that has enough defective(but operational?) units returned to a distributor(?) for them to even contemplate such a scam...
Ron
"It ain't broke till I Can't make parts for it"

bobansen

Good news folks. Firefly has now sent me 50x 20 watt and 50x 40 watt ballasts.
All have been tested and are ready for posting.
I have an agreement with Firefly to deal with me direct so any problems are sorted fast.
They also supply 12 volt energy saving lights which fit the US standard screw fitting and also Halagen lights which fit the standard flood light (waiting for the price) Will include photos later today.

Please be mindful that I am not adding anything to the cost, what ever I pay is what I charge you.
Hope this is helpfull to anyone using 12 volt back-up or solar.
Bob

wrightkiller

bobansen

Good day to our members,
Can I place a reminder here for those who have ordered any of the ballasts.
I do not have any problem sending the items before payment is made, but it may be a matter of courtesy if, once you are in receipt of your order to either PM or email me to confirm the fact.
It would also help those coming behind you to make your payment soon after.
What your not being charged for is my time running around getting it boxed ready for shipping.
Thanks. Bobbie