we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Moving a 1.9 Million Pound Generator

Started by Henry W, February 08, 2012, 05:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

BioHazard

Good god think of all the copper in there! :o
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

cgwymp

Listeroid 8/1

DanG

Eighteen wheel sets in eight rows - thats only 3300 pounds per tire.

vdubnut62

That's 360 tires(as close as I could count) = 5277.7 lbs per tire...IF you assume that the trailers and framework weigh absolutely nothing   ;)
In the real world, the trailer assembly probably weighs as much as, or more than the load.  I'm not counting the 4 power units either. :o
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

rcavictim

Don't the new EPA rules prohibit taking an old generator and moving it to a new location if it isn't tier 4, since relocated is considered a new installation?  I'll bet all dem guys dere are breaking da law. You want proof?  You can find cop cars with their red lights flashing if you look!  :o  This is like the O.J. Simpson slow speed chase! What they should be doing is shipping it to China to be cut up as scrap.  That's where the real source of wealth is now in the USA, by destroying what our forefathers built and selling it as scrap.  This is really just a big funeral procession isn't it?

Insert 'tongue in cheek' emoticon here because I'm partially kidding!   ;)
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

fabricator

The sad footnote there is I believe that unit was built somewhere in Asia, and shipped here. Apparently we can't build big generators anymore?