News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

12vdc tube lamp ballast

Started by bobansen, January 31, 2012, 05:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobansen

Not too sure where this should be, so I will write here and if wrong pls feel free to move.
found a good supplier for 12 volt chokes that fit inside 2ft & 4ft tube light fittings. remove 240 volt unit and replace with the 12 volt unit. simple to change.. anyone interested let me know.
price here is approx 4.50 usd. + postage.
tks Bobbie

LincTex

I suppose we will need more info?
Metro 6-1 from Sam Crosby, 2007
Chang Chai 1110 - 18 HP

Ronmar

More info please...  12V choke?  Do you perhaps mean 12V starter/ballast to convert a 2' or 4' florescent light fixture from 120/240 VAC to 12VDC?  Shipped from where?

This should probably get moved to the general discussion section as it has nothing to do with this type powerplant...
Ron
"It ain't broke till I Can't make parts for it"

bobansen

I did say I did not where I should post this, however I think anyone who needs to produce their own source of power may have a use for this unit. yes it is to replace the normal mains voltage choke/ballast (same thing, depending where you live) fitting is easy, simply remove mains unit and fit the 12vdc. My house lighting is all low voltage 12 volts (solar) and I have 14 fittings 2ft and 4ft throughout the building.
photo included;

Ronmar

Cool!  Where do you get them?  I have panels and charge controller on my garage, that so far I am only using to top-off/keep healthy storage batteries.  Might be cool to convert the garage to 12V lighting...
Ron
"It ain't broke till I Can't make parts for it"

bschwartz

I'd love a few of those for only $4.50 + shipping !!!!!
- Brett

Metro 6/1, ST-5 - sold :(
1982 300SD
1995 Suburban 6.5 TD
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 TD
1950s ? Oilwell (Witte) CD-12 (Behemoth), ST-12
What else can I run on WVO?
...Oh, and an old R-170

BioHazard

Yeah, I'd be interested in a few of those too. I've got T8 tubes everywhere....
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

bobansen

Hi all, for those who are interested in the above chokes, if you pm me ur address, and size ie 20watt (2ft) or 40watt (4ft) and how many I will endeavor to post them to you asap. Just incase for those who have in mind the word "trust", I have no problem in sending first and then you pay into my bank account on receiving ur order. This is not a scam, you have my word.
Although I now live in the Philippines I have retained my UK bank account, this will be the bank I will use for any transactions.
Many thanks again.
Bobbie.

EDIT! I THINK BEST IF YOU USE MY EMAIL ADDRESS. I check that daily. bobbietowers@yahoo.co.uk

BioHazard

Is that 40w x 2 tubes per ballast? Do they sell a 32 watt version? All my lights are 32w T8s....
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

bobansen

Quote from: BioHazard on February 12, 2012, 01:38:33 AM
Is that 40w x 2 tubes per ballast? Do they sell a 32 watt version? All my lights are 32w T8s....

Hi Bio, each ballast is rated per single tube. That is 20 watts is for the 2ft tube and the 40 watts is for the 4ft tube. if your tube is the T8@ 32w, then I would go for the 40w ballast so the light will still strike and light up. if you use he 20w the light would go on and off all the time.

bschwartz

Do you have a paypal account that I could send you money to?

I'm in the US. and am not sure how I would get money to a UK account.
- Brett

1982 300SD
1995 Suburban 6.5 TD
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 TD
...Oh, and an old R-170

bobansen

Quote from: bschwartz on February 12, 2012, 07:58:47 AM

Hi Brett, maybe the best option for anyone in the states is to use "MONEYGRAM" and send direct to me here in Philippines. Very simple and you have a choice to send both US dollar or Philippine Pesos.
I have used them in the past when I have made a purchase from the states online.
Hope this helps.
Bobbie

ps if you know another way, let me know.

bschwartz

Moneygram would work.  It is incredibly expensive as a percentage of payment (~$10.00 for a $50.00 payment), but as a stand alone cost, $10.00 to get money around the world is cheap in my book.

I'll PM you with my mailing info. 

THANKS for this great offer.

-Brett
- Brett

1982 300SD
1995 Suburban 6.5 TD
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 TD
...Oh, and an old R-170

mike90045

Quote from: bschwartz on February 12, 2012, 07:58:47 AM

PAYPAL works pretty well, to any email address.  You have to tie it to a bank account, and for the free accts, there is a 500 limit (monthly or rolling 30 days - I forget)
No service charge if you designate it as a GIFT

injin man

These are 240v, will they work in the US with 120v?