Kubota EB300 questions - marinization for boat genset/watermaker

Started by rymann, December 09, 2011, 04:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rymann

Hi, Al.  The parts are finally coming together.  I tried to post to your blog but it didn't seem to go through - I have a basic question:  I am using similar bushings and pulleys that you did.  Do the bushings need to be pressed into to pulleys and then the assembly pressed onto the shaft (ie with a hydraulic press)?  Did you need a retainer on the end of the PTO?  Seems like a tight fit and I don't want to permanently bang it all together for the test fit.

Thanks,
Ryan

thomasonw

Hi, sorry you had issues posting to Blog, not sure why.

Installing the pulleys:  I assembled them loose, slid them into place and THEN tightened the bolts to pull the bushing into the tapper and hence tightening it all to the shaft.  No retainer, or press assembly needed.   And will note:  In the bushing you will also see some tapped holes.  These can be used to remove the pulley by pulling the tapered bushing back out if needed.

Looking forward to hearing more on your results!

-al-

Quote from: rymann on May 04, 2012, 07:04:57 AM
Hi, Al.  The parts are finally coming together.  I tried to post to your blog but it didn't seem to go through - I have a basic question:  I am using similar bushings and pulleys that you did.  Do the bushings need to be pressed into to pulleys and then the assembly pressed onto the shaft (ie with a hydraulic press)?  Did you need a retainer on the end of the PTO?  Seems like a tight fit and I don't want to permanently bang it all together for the test fit.

Thanks,
Ryan