News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Isuzu C201 question

Started by cohippy, November 25, 2011, 06:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cohippy

Quote from: cohippy on December 01, 2011, 08:46:35 AM
rl71459 I do have the book that shows how to change the setup for one or the other modes. Looks easy to do if you have the tools (I don't)" could you send me a copy of that page from ur book? if u have a scanner
that would be cool, i dont know if ill do it i like the solinoid to control engine speed.... thinking of putting it on a delay timer to let the engine idle at start up before it kicks the speed to 1800 rpm automaticly after maybe 3 or 5 minutes..... i just dont like the idea of at startup going stright to full rpms.... sounds like a recipie for disaster to me, idk

rl71459

CoHip

I dug out my books and found the procedure, Unfortunetly my scanner software seems to be inop right now. I will figure it out and send or post it to you asap. Anyway the procedure is only about 2 pages long.

I start mine on "Low Speed", Run until partially warm, Switch to "Hi Speed" then energize the contactor that connects the gen to my Main Panel.

I set my low speed to 1100ish for my induction generator (3 Ph Motor) Which is belt driven from the front of the engine. It also has it's own contactor that is independant of the "Synchronous" gen contactor.

When buying the book, You want the "Overhaul Manual" The 1st one I bought was the "Parts Manual" it is a good book but does not have the info for Valve Lash, Clearances, Rebuilding info, Torque Info, Tolerances...

Rob

WStayton

cohippy:

About your E22 radiator:  I think that your R22 radiator will be plenty big enough  since it is designed to cool something like 100 HP and you are only going to be making about a fifth of that amount of horsepower.  I would think that with that of a radiator, one fan would be sufficient if it is large enough to cover a reasonable amount of the radiator area - say something like 60% or so of the radiator area.

Jn a vehicle, that radiator was designed to handlle the rejected heat in a ambient of 100 F, so if you can manage to get enough air to the radiator. you shouldn't need a second fan.  Just remember that you need to account for air flow when you mount the radiator. Also, since you are going to use "waste"" heat for fuel heatng, some of the cooling load is removed from the radiator.

All things considered, I think that R22 radiator should be plenty of cooling for your generator!

My opinions which are worth what you paid for them!

Regardz.

Wayne Stayton

Mercedes OM616 Four Cylinder Driving ST-24

rl71459