News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

leaving listeroid unattended

Started by bschwartz, October 27, 2009, 05:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobile_bob

thats exactly the same radiator i am using on the S195, it came out of a 87 nissan sentra
i used it at the electric fan that came with the car, and the fan temp switch is already mounted in the lower
neck of the radiator.

it works great!

bob g

vdubnut62

Well that's good. I was going to use it just because I have 3 of them. Long story, involves a 17 year old (at the time) son.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

rcavictim

Quote from: mobile_bob on April 06, 2010, 04:12:05 PM
thats exactly the same radiator i am using on the S195, it came out of a 87 nissan sentra
i used it at the electric fan that came with the car, and the fan temp switch is already mounted in the lower
neck of the radiator.

it works great!

bob g

Bob,

Are you using the 195's built in alternator to charge the starter battery and using the starter battery to power the radiator fan?  I'm wondering if the engine alternator which normally just runs a headlight, can keep up with a automotive radiator fan.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

mobile_bob

no i am not using the internal alternator i am using one of twin driven alternators to provide for 12volt starter battery and
all related 12volt loads, such as pump and fan

the fan cycles on and off about every 5 minutes for about 30 seconds or so at full rated load of the engine, between it
and the pump they draw about 15amps if i recall correctly, so i would think the internal alternator should be adequate for this
load because of the intermittent nature, but i am not sure.

bob g

rcavictim

Quote from: mobile_bob on April 07, 2010, 09:24:24 AM
no i am not using the internal alternator i am using one of twin driven alternators to provide for 12volt starter battery and
all related 12volt loads, such as pump and fan

the fan cycles on and off about every 5 minutes for about 30 seconds or so at full rated load of the engine, between it
and the pump they draw about 15amps if i recall correctly, so i would think the internal alternator should be adequate for this
load because of the intermittent nature, but i am not sure.

bob g

Thanx Bob.  My idea to plumb the airflow out of the 24kW STC head through the radiator looked good in theory but in practise could not provide enough air.  I am now looking for a big honkin blower/fan now that I can shoehorn onto this rig.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

XYZER

Quote from: rcavictim on April 07, 2010, 04:45:59 AM
Bob,
Are you using the 195's built in alternator to charge the starter battery and using the starter battery to power the radiator fan?  I'm wondering if the engine alternator which normally just runs a headlight, can keep up with a automotive radiator fan.

I have no idea what the 195's have for a rating on there alternator but on the Kubota EA500-NB I have that they kind of copied they rate the alternator at 8V 3.2 amps?!!! The starter is at 11.8 volts. I am going to do away with the alternator I think.
Vidhata 6/1, Power Solutions 6/1, Kubota Z482