News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

The smoking GUN...that killed

Started by Lloyd, October 03, 2011, 11:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd

JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.

LowGear

One half million units?  I guess that's about one for every 600 people. 

Perhaps its class warfare?  City folks against country kind.   ;D

Casey

Lloyd

JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.

LowGear

The real payoff is the job security for the EPA.

Casey

rcavictim

I liked it a lot better when I didn't know the truth.  It is stunts like this that cause me to loose faith in our leaders.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

LowGear

All missions from God pick up a few over-zealous "persons".  Word has it that prohibitions come and they go.  We do have cleaner air in my home town from when I was an adolescent but I don't drink the river water any more.  But you know; there are salmon coming up the creek every year now and we have resident Bald Eagles which had ended by the time I was 10.  Once they ask for the fart tax is when things will start to turn around and move towards a balance.

Since "This village must be destroyed in order to be saved." my leadershipness faith has not wavered for a moment.

Casey

Lloyd

Quote from: LowGear on October 03, 2011, 06:27:09 PM
All missions from God pick up a few over-zealous "persons".  Word has it that prohibitions come and they go.  We do have cleaner air in my home town from when I was an adolescent but I don't drink the river water any more.  But you know; there are salmon coming up the creek every year now and we have resident Bald Eagles which had ended by the time I was 10.  Once they ask for the fart tax is when things will start to turn around and move towards a balance.

Since "This village must be destroyed in order to be saved." my leadershipness faith has not wavered for a moment.

Casey

Casey,

I'm willing to bet that the cleaner air and water is more directly related to the loss of manufacturing capabilities that were once done in this country in the day and age of industrialization.

The USA has become a GDP dominated by service industry, and the manufacture base is down by the 1000's % since the day.

My guess is the environmental lawsuits has only increased government spending not results in less pollution....just look at the US Bond Rating.

lloyd

vdubnut62

Lloyd, I'll bet the proverbial dollar to a donut that you are correct.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

rcavictim

Quote from: vdubnut62 on October 03, 2011, 08:36:27 PM
Ron

Ron,

Not to be too picky but...
In the modern, current context of value that dollar should be bet against the empty hole in the doughnut!
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

vdubnut62

Quote from: rcavictim on October 03, 2011, 08:49:01 PM
Ron

Ron,

In the modern, current context of value that dollar should be bet against the empty hole in the doughnut!

You tryin' to say I'm old >:(
Well by golly, I resemble that remark!
Ron :D
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

rcavictim

Quote from: vdubnut62 on October 04, 2011, 06:21:16 AM
Ron

Ron,

Not critisizing your age Ron, just pointing out that your expectations of the value of a dollar appeared to be beyond the calibration date.  Dollars to doughnut holes, the new normal.  One highly successful Canadian company sells their doughnut holes.

vdubnut62

Quote from: rcavictim on October 04, 2011, 09:06:58 AM
Quote from: vdubnut62 on October 04, 2011, 06:21:16 AM
Ron

Ron,

Not critisizing your age Ron, just pointing out that your expectations of the value of a dollar appeared to be beyond the calibration date.  Dollars to doughnut holes, the new normal.  One highly successful Canadian company sells their doughnut holes.

No harm, no foul, Just me being my normal Jackass self.  Today my dollar will buy a donut- exactly, no change.  May not tomorrow!
And I love donut holes! Like Lay's 'tater chips- nobody can eat just one.

Sorry for the OT again!
Ron

vdubnut62

On a different note, wonder if we could get an EPA grant to sue them for conflict of interest, or just being stupid and wasting tax dollars?
Isn't this fraud? I mean I feel defrauded, they took my money and pissed it away.
Maybe a Govt spending watchdog group somewhere could shake things up, I don't know.  I'm not even an armchair lawyer,
in case you haven't guessed by now, so I don't even have a clue if any of this is viable.
Ok, don't be too hard on me now.
Ron

LowGear

Today's dollars are welcome at Camp Aloha.

We're spending them just as fast as we can get them.  Shopping is our patriotic duty!  Convert those IRAs to something useful while you can. 

We're making $100 a month ($1200 per year) on our solar program.  That would be almost 5% if the investment were $25,000.  What are you making on your IRA.  I know you're making less than 3% on your CDs.  About 1% on your passbook.  But wait, after federal tax credits that's $17,500 so we're making almost 7%.  But wait, we're in Hawaii so there's another 35% in tax credit or now we're at $8,750 so we're making almost 14%.

If it ain't diesel we ain't buying.  We have standards.

Casey

LowGear

Actually in 1960 folks were dumping raw sewage from their toilets into Lake Washington.  It was just around the corner from "NO SWIMMING OR FISHING ALLOWED".  It's not perfect now but the fish are fine and the swimming is just fine too.  And the salmon that spawn next to our house swim through it.  Now how they spawn in the storm sewer we still call a creek is a mystery to me but at least they're trying.

My theory is that the rest of the world will catch-up with the progressive parts of Europe in the next decade or so.  Now if we had ecologically sound systems of manufacture available for the market we would be back on top but that would take long range thinking.  It's sort of like using up all our petroleum reserves as fast as possible while they're still cheap so we can pay totally butt kicking rates in twenty years.

Casey