News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Need help tracking down a forum member near Worcester, UK

Started by Apogee, October 02, 2011, 01:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apogee

Hello all,

I purchased two 6/1 engines from a long-time member on the Lister Engine forum over in the Worcester UK area about a year ago.  They were originally to be shipped as part of the container Mike was putting together and were in storage while the logistics were being worked out.  Unfortunately, they have yet to be shipped, the member has disappeared from this site, and has stopped responding to my emails.

Is there anyone who lives in the Worcester UK area who would consider helping me by either giving him a call or stopping by his place to inquire on my behalf?

His last contact was July 11, 2011.  In that email, he mentioned that he was leaving for Germany to work on a racing team and that he would be back in about two weeks.  I've since emailed numerous times trying schedule delivery to the shipping warehouse.  To date, I have not received a response.

I am very disappointed as I forwarded him a significant sum of money for two very nice engines.  This was not a bargain basement sale.  He was a long time forum member so I figured there would be no problem trusting that he'd follow through.  However, he has moved on to other interests (racing) and isn't into the stationary engines like he once was.  Hence, why he was willing to sell the engines.  They are supposedly in storage in the Worcester area waiting to be shipped.  Unfortunately, it has not been a priority of his to follow through and get it done.  At this point it's a year later and I have no engines, nor an estimated delivery date to the shipping warehouse. 

I feel I have been overly patient and have tried to be understanding of the various excuses that have been presented.  However, after a year my patience has reached its end.  I figured I'd ask to see if anyone was willing to lend a hand before I am forced to retain legal council.

I do have a name and address that I can forward, but I'd rather do it privately as I'm still trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.  Please PM me for it if you'd be willing to lend a hand.

To say this is a HUGE disappointment would be an understatement.

Any help would be much appreciated! 

Thanks in advance,

Steve

rcavictim

Sounds criminal to me!  Hope you can sort this out to your rightful satisfaction.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

Henry W