News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Kubota EA330-E3-NB1 diesel engine

Started by Henry W, September 26, 2011, 04:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

It was just delivered this afternoon. It was a long wait.

This will be used for my next project. I am thinking about a 24 volt Leece Neville alternator setup. If I can find a good inverter at a good price this might be the way to go.

Here are some pictures of it in the crate.

Henry

Henry W

Henry W

Henry W

Henry W

Henry W

Shipo

Nice puppy another for the collections...don't you have one EA300 already? and how hard was to get it...
Changfa 195/10kw
Changfa 170R/3Kw
Onan 6.0DJE-3CE
Yanmar TS-105C/Winco 5.3KW

Henry W

I had an EA300 and I traded it for an extended run Z482 engine.

I liked the EA300 engine very much and regretted getting rid of it. Well when I found the EA330 I called and bought it.

It only took me over a year to find this one. I was not willing to pay $2,800.00 for one. They were out there for that price. From what I hear they are very hard to find in the US since the incident in Japan.

I was lucky getting this one.

Henry

Henry W

Fired the engine up for a couple minutes so parts get oiled and than shut it down. Next time it starts will be when it will produce power.

Engine ran nice and smooth.

I will post pictures this weekend.

Henry

Henry W

Here are some more pictures.

Henry W

Henry W

vdubnut62

Well he is a cute 'lil feller after you get his saran wrap off. :D  If it runs like other Kubota stuff, it's likely to outlive both of us.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

Henry W

Hi vdubnut62,

These engines do run for a long time when maintained. The TBO? I don't know. I would like to find out how long they are lasting.

Engine Specifications in a PDF below.

rcavictim

That starter ring gear equipped flywheel that doesn't work to make your fingers into hamburger is a nice feature.  I had a run in with my 1115 that was serious but could have been a lot worse.  Nice engine!
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.