News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Changfa ZS1105GMN noice

Started by pekkap, September 16, 2011, 10:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pekkap

Does changfa really make noice that sounds like dishes in a normal washing machine? I have read that it would be normal, but still wondering that strange rattle inside engine. It sounds like bearing balls flying around engine. It looks that there is no loose things or broken bearings.

I bought it broken: water had frozen and expanded cylinder head and water had mixed with oil = lots of broken things like slide bearings worn and burned, one ball bearing balls had been chewed between gears and some other. Changed cylinder head to new one, changed balance shaft bearing and gear bearings & shafts. Still rattle. After many times fixing things, there is only main bearing and some gears that has not been changed.

I use it on excavator project. It works fine, but sound is something that does not make sense. Youtube changfas makes only diesel sounds, but not rattle. Any suggestions?

vdubnut62

My Xing Dong s1100 rattles like a some beach. I was worried at first too. Sort of like a steel drum half full of ball pein hammers rolling downhill.
BUT I can't say that yours is normal, on account of I ain't heard it run.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

pekkap

Thanks, that must be normal then. So better use plan b: make some concrete plates and make sound insulation.  ;D Works as counterweight too.

But i will link sound sample here if found a place to upload video.

Carlb

you can upload it to youtube and just put  a link here.
My Projects
Metro 6/1  Diesel / Natural Gas, Backup Generator  
22kw Solar in three arrays 
2.5kw 3.7 meter wind turbine
2 Solar Air heaters  Totaling 150 Sq/Ft
1969 Camaro 560hp 4 speed automatic with overdrive
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe 6 speed manual transmission

Henry W

Quote from: pekkap on September 16, 2011, 10:18:31 PM
Does changfa really make noice that sounds like dishes in a normal washing machine? I have read that it would be normal, but still wondering that strange rattle inside engine. It sounds like bearing balls flying around engine. It looks that there is no loose things or broken bearings.

I bought it broken: water had frozen and expanded cylinder head and water had mixed with oil = lots of broken things like slide bearings worn and burned, one ball bearing balls had been chewed between gears and some other. Changed cylinder head to new one, changed balance shaft bearing and gear bearings & shafts. Still rattle. After many times fixing things, there is only main bearing and some gears that has not been changed.

I use it on excavator project. It works fine, but sound is something that does not make sense. Youtube changfas makes only diesel sounds, but not rattle. Any suggestions?

Hi pekktap,

Which ball bearing let loose and found it's way in the gears? I heard of the governor balls finding there way there. And I seen major issues with the assembly of the S195 I had that would let the governor balls fall out. One thing that needs to be addressed is if there are any inferior fasteners inside the gearcase, make sure they are removed as soon as possible and replace them with high quality fasteners.

Here is an article I wrote a while back that will help with inspection and assembly.

http://www.microcogen.info/index.php?topic=285.0

Yes there is lots of gear noise because of the straight cut gears. But when these engines are inspected and prepped properly they been known to run for a long time.

Henry

pekkap

I have read post you linked sometime ago. When winter comes i will be putting whole thing to million pieces. Those advices will be more than excellent.

Counterbalance shaft ball bearing was one to fell apart 100%. And balls were chewed pretty nicely... As few other things like one M8 bolt.  ;D

Governor balls are thing that I have looked many times. I wonder is it possible that all the "balls flying inside machine"- sounds are from governor. Gear behind governor has made about 1mm deep way to body. So im thinking to use washers to get back to original measures there. Can balls have too much space to move and cause extra sound? I have not adjusted anything yet. But I have changed gear, ball space ja ball race.

Also there seems to be some clearance between piston and shaft. I will be replacing whole shaft later. Other clearances i have not found yet. Also main bearings will be replaced at same time. I noticed that there was missing some ring beside the BIG bearing.

By the way, how long do you guys think that changfas last in normal use? Someone said that 10000 hours is possible. This one has been running 1000 hours and parts seems pretty nice except the ones got broken in the water-oil mixture.

playdiesel

Quote from: vdubnut62 on September 17, 2011, 11:00:56 AM
Sort of like a steel drum half full of ball pein hammers rolling downhill.
Ron

My 1115 xyz? brand from Carroll Stream sounds like that but I never knew til today how to discribe it! ;D

I cant say if its normal or not? Mine probably has 50 hours on it total and is no worse today than hour #1.  I have a Change Chi??? Hong Kong fooey something or other 195 that sounds like a Rolls Royce motor compared to the 1115, they do make a lota noise

Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate

rcavictim

Quote from: vdubnut62 on September 17, 2011, 11:00:56 AM
My Xing Dong s1100 rattles like a some beach. I was worried at first too. Sort of like a steel drum half full of ball pein hammers rolling downhill.
BUT I can't say that yours is normal, on account of I ain't heard it run.
Ron

I've heard the expression "Dumber than a sack of hammers".  On the other hand a steel drum half full of ball pein hammers rolling down a hill?  Well, if the drum was olive green that might be mistaken as a sign of military intelligence!   :D  Gotta ask though.  In your story can you account for the other half load of ball pein hammers?  ;)
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

vdubnut62

Quote from: rcavictim on September 20, 2011, 08:39:50 PM

In your story can you account for the other half load of ball pein hammers?  ;)
[/quote]

Poetic license? ::)
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

rcavictim

Quote from: vdubnut62 on September 20, 2011, 10:00:44 PM
Quote from: rcavictim on September 20, 2011, 08:39:50 PM

In your story can you account for the other half load of ball pein hammers?  ;)

Poetic license? ::)
Ron
[/quote]

I suspected as much!  ;)
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

pekkap

Just figured out that i have place to put video. Not too good quality, but hopefully something is to be seen

veggie

Sound's normal for a changfa style engine.

Veggie

Henry W

Has just a bit more mechanical noise than the Golden Flying Fish S195 I had. But that engine has lots more hours on it. Yes that is what they sound like. As long as you inspect everything and replace the inferior fasteners. It should hold up.

Henry

vdubnut62

quinnf