News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Any interest in portable gas powered chargers?

Started by BioHazard, September 11, 2011, 09:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BioHazard

There is a company in China (Yang-Ke) that makes portable gas powered battery chargers, much like what many of us have built ourselves using automotive alternators. The difference is these generators are more efficient because they use a 3 phase permanent magnet alternator and a special charge controller. Amperage output is controlled by engine speed.

I want a few of these things BAD, but I can't get them unless I have a large enough order to get them EPA approved. The factory is willing to get the EPA certificate for me for a large enough order. I'm wondering if there might be enough interest here for some sort of group buy on a 1/2 container of them or so. The factory is willing to let me sort of test market these machinese for them in the US, they are not currently available anywhere else.

These generators/chargers are available in both 2 cycle and 4 cycle, 55 and 60 amps @ 12v respectively. They are also available in 24 and 48 volts. The engine is the same 63cc 2 stroke used on many different imported 800-1200 watt generators. I can mix and match a container of these.

Here is a link to the 2 stroke, 55 amp charger:
http://www.yang-ke.com/cpshow.asp?proid=20080429204251

Here is a link to the 4 stroke, 60 amp charger:
http://www.yang-ke.com/cpshow.asp?proid=20091026135608

Is anybody else here interested in these things as much as I am? I am not doing this for profit. This would be a "group buy" of sorts. The price varies wildly depending on how many are ordered, but I would estimate these to cost <$100 shipped to your door. I will sell them at cost. Only question is can I sell enough to proceed? What do you guys think?
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

vdubnut62

Is that not the same engine as used on the Harbor Fright 800-900 watt 110v ac generator? I have 2 of those and love 'em.
If they are, it seems that few problems would be encountered with the EPA.
Anyway, I would love to have one of those for a portable booster pack, so if they can be had for $100, put me down for one.
The problem is going to be that probably better than a thousand will fit in a full size container. ::)
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

DanG

Terry

I would be interested in at least 1 of the 12v. if the 120v. are available at least 1 of those.
Terry

BioHazard

Quote from: vdubnut62 on September 12, 2011, 04:57:04 PM
Is that not the same engine as used on the Harbor Fright 800-900 watt 110v ac generator? I have 2 of those and love 'em.

Yes, it is a clone of that engine, which of course is a clone itself. I love mine too...that's why I want one of these!

I don't need to order a full container but definately more than one. They could be as cheap as $50 not counting shipping. The factory is very intersted in a US test market for these. The biggest deal killer will be the trip across the ocean, the more we can order the less they will cost.

I believe their 950 watt inverter generator is already EPA approved, I can probably tac a few of those onto the order if anyone is interested.

vdubnut62

When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

gregger2k

Hey,
I'd like 2 in 12V and 1 in 48V.

My Harbor Freight unit runs sweet so these should too.

Greg

BioHazard

Quote from: vdubnut62 on September 12, 2011, 09:31:59 PM
Quote from: DanG on September 12, 2011, 07:14:51 PM
Qty / 20'GP ( Set )    740

??? ??? ??? Sorry, over my head like a roof. :-[
Ron
That's the total number of units that fit into a 20' container.

vdubnut62

Well it seems I was having a Blonde moment. Duh!
Ron

DanG

I should have quoted the thousand-units per container text.... ooops.

I'm curious with the units but have no money.

wiebe

http://www.microcogen.info/index.php?topic=1331.msg18240#msg18240

Here are some video,s and photo,s .
Mine runs stil nice with inverter with a perfect sine wave.
But not a lot runtime [15 houres]
you can thinker with the carb to get the best runtime with a stable load.
But thats only for low loads.

Greetings Wiebe.
kubota knd3

luv2weld

I'd like to have 2- 12 volt and 2- 24 volt, all 4 cycle.
I'll talk to my neighbors and see if I can add some more to the total for them.

Ralph
6/1 with 5 kw ST       
8/1 with 7.5kw ST
28/2 with 24kw ST

I wouldn't need to manage my anger if people would learn to manage their stupidity!!

The best way to "kill time" is to work it to death!

deeiche

I'm in for

qty 1
4 cycle 12 vdc

appreciate the effort, though I think it is going to be a lot of work for you.

injin man

These have the Fisher and Paykel type alternator, I got the specs on these
recently. I'd take at least 1 12 or 24V 4 stroke and maybe more if they work well.

vdubnut62

Quote from: DanG on September 13, 2011, 01:49:49 PM

I'm curious with the units but have no money.

And that's why I don't own the Ruston and Hornsby that was recently on C'slist.
Ron