News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

So, who was it then....

Started by AdeV, September 09, 2011, 01:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdeV

Quote from: vdubnut62 on September 09, 2011, 09:54:03 PM
Huh.  On Coast to Coast AM last night, they were talking about it being such a coincidence that the Commander in Thief brought up as part of the job creation deal for the grid to be updated.
The news claimed Operator error when someone changed out a component in a small AZ substation that should have affected 60,000 homes or so,
but somehow caused a cascade failure.

Sort of like the squirrel that took down the Northeast grid a while ago. ::)

Seriously, we are having a bunch of flares from the sun.

AIUI, sunspot (& hence flare activity) numbers are relatively low at the moment, certainly not enough to cause major grid problems. Besides, you'd expect Canada to be worse affected than Arizona/California.

The news here reported that an operator attempted to repair a monitor; the repair failed & caused a large part of the grid to shut down; probably because it got an erroneous fault report from the failed monitor...
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

LowGear

Sounds like the Galileo Effect to me.

Casey

deeiche

Quote from: AdeV on September 10, 2011, 01:19:30 PM
Quote from: deeiche on September 09, 2011, 05:32:28 PM

isn't Blackpool in Wales.   ;)

Depends how big your map is, and how hard you squint  ;) It can be made to look like it's in Wales....
You are a true sport.
Quote from: AdeV on September 10, 2011, 01:19:30 PM
Quote from: deeiche on September 09, 2011, 05:32:28 PM

New Mexico is somewhere between Arizona and Texas.  Have you ever heard of Los Alamos?

I have a book called Los Alamos, IIRC it was something to do with the Manhatten Project, beyond that, nope...
spot on

vdubnut62

Quote from: LowGear on September 10, 2011, 02:30:44 PM
Sounds like the Galileo Effect to me.

Casey

Had to google that one!
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

rcavictim

Quote from: Tom T on September 09, 2011, 03:48:02 PM
It was a test run for when thay bring the new phase variance program on line.
Tom T

That's too funny!  ;D
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.