News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

So, who was it then....

Started by AdeV, September 09, 2011, 01:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdeV

....who forgot to trip their Outback converter and knocked power out in Arizona/California/New Mexico then?

;D

More to the point, was anyone with a working Lister(oid) generator affected who finally got to use it?
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

Tom Reed

Since we're off grid already, we'd never even notice. I'm not aware of to many SoCal lister owners.
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

deeiche

Quote from: AdeV on September 09, 2011, 01:34:51 PM
....who forgot to trip their Outback converter and knocked power out in Arizona/California/New Mexico then?

;D

More to the point, was anyone with a working Lister(oid) generator affected who finally got to use it?
it was Arizona/California/Mexico, not New Mexico

Tom T

It was a test run for when thay bring the new phase variance program on line.
Tom T

AdeV

Quote from: deeiche on September 09, 2011, 02:43:19 PM

it was Arizona/California/Mexico, not New Mexico

I failed Geography.....

I'm getting back at all those Americans who don't know where The Rest Of The World is....

....erm

shit

sorry, mis-read the map on Sky News... no excuses... So, where IS New Mexico - I'm sure I've heard of it... is it a state or a town?
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5

deeiche

Quote from: AdeV on September 09, 2011, 04:43:30 PM

I'm getting back at all those Americans who don't know where The Rest Of The World is....

....erm

shit

sorry, mis-read the map on Sky News... no excuses... So, where IS New Mexico - I'm sure I've heard of it... is it a state or a town?
isn't Blackpool in Wales.   ;)

New Mexico is somewhere between Arizona and Texas.  Have you ever heard of Los Alamos?

LowGear

QuoteHave you ever heard of Los Alamos?
Come-on.  He probably hasn't even heard of El Camino.

Casey

vdubnut62

Bet he has, you know, with the twice pipes and the little dingle balls around the winchield man. ::)
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

BioHazard

Quote from: AdeV on September 09, 2011, 04:43:30 PM
So, where IS New Mexico - I'm sure I've heard of it... is it a state or a town?

Right next to old mexico of course!
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

veggie

Back to the original topic  :D

What caused the outage ? Anyone hear the cause ?

veggie

DanG

Answers unclear as to cause yesterday... Cut cable was 2nd cause I read (welding with a backhoe?) and huge transformer tripped out was first cause I read - the heat was 115° or so at the time...

vdubnut62

Huh.  On Coast to Coast AM last night, they were talking about it being such a coincidence that the Commander in Thief brought up as part of the job creation deal for the grid to be updated.
The news claimed Operator error when someone changed out a component in a small AZ substation that should have affected 60,000 homes or so,
but somehow caused a cascade failure.

Sort of like the squirrel that took down the Northeast grid a while ago. ::)

Seriously, we are having a bunch of flares from the sun.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

bschwartz

Ade,
New Mexico is a state in the USA......
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_mexico

I live in the South end of the state, about 100 miles (161 kilometers) North of Mexico in a town called Truth or Consequences.
- Brett

Metro 6/1, ST-5 - sold :(
1982 300SD
1995 Suburban 6.5 TD
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 TD
1950s ? Oilwell (Witte) CD-12 (Behemoth), ST-12
What else can I run on WVO?
...Oh, and an old R-170

AdeV

Quote from: deeiche on September 09, 2011, 05:32:28 PM

isn't Blackpool in Wales.   ;)

Depends how big your map is, and how hard you squint  ;) It can be made to look like it's in Wales....

Quote from: deeiche on September 09, 2011, 05:32:28 PM

New Mexico is somewhere between Arizona and Texas.  Have you ever heard of Los Alamos?

I have a book called Los Alamos, IIRC it was something to do with the Manhatten Project, beyond that, nope...
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5

AdeV

Quote from: LowGear on September 09, 2011, 05:41:59 PM
QuoteHave you ever heard of Los Alamos?
Come-on.  He probably hasn't even heard of El Camino.

That's either a car, or something to do with Quentin Tarantino, right?
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5