News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

engine pics from our street

Started by bobansen, September 06, 2011, 07:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobansen

This is just two stores in one street. Go into a store, tell them what your looking for (engines) and if they dont have they will ring Manila and after paying a deposit your order arrives the next day. If your looking to buy used, then its best to go direct to Manila sea dock and take your pick. Yanmar surplus from Japan at a good price. Oh lucky me!! I must inform S.W.M.B.O that we really really do need a bigger shed. ;) ;) ;D

bobansen

mike90045

Where is your "street" ?  I see your mail address is yahoo UK ?  They ship air freight overnight ?

deeiche

Quote from: mike90045 on September 06, 2011, 07:57:33 AM
Where is your "street" ?  I see your mail address is yahoo UK ?  They ship air freight overnight ?
Philippines.

deeiche

Quote from: bobansen on September 06, 2011, 07:28:27 AM
This is just two stores in one street. Go into a store, tell them what your looking for (engines) and if they dont have they will ring Manila and after paying a deposit your order arrives the next day. If your looking to buy used, then its best to go direct to Manila sea dock and take your pick. Yanmar surplus from Japan at a good price. Oh lucky me!! I must inform S.W.M.B.O that we really really do need a bigger shed. ;) ;) ;D
Do you have any idea what year of manufacturer for the surplus Yanmar product?  Might be able to import direct to US if they are built before a certain date.

bobansen

Hi Deeiche,Yes yahoo.UK, but I live in the Philippines. As for the build dates for the Yanmar, not sure. What I can do is get you some engine serial numbers for you to check. Do you have any set model in mind?

veggie

WOW..... Changfa heaven !  .....it really does exit  :o

veggie

BioHazard

Quote from: bobansen on September 06, 2011, 09:28:44 AM
Hi Deeiche,Yes yahoo.UK, but I live in the Philippines. As for the build dates for the Yanmar, not sure. What I can do is get you some engine serial numbers for you to check. Do you have any set model in mind?

A lot of people here (myself included) would be interested in all sorts of diesel engine if you could import them for a reasonable price, we die for them here in the US. You should be able to import anything manufactured before 2008 I think? (someone correct me) although shipping can usually kill the deal.
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

deeiche

Quote from: veggie on September 06, 2011, 08:49:05 PM
WOW..... Changfa heaven !  .....it really does exit  :o

veggie
actually, it might be Yanmar heaven.

bobansen

In regards Changfa-Yanmar heaven, yes it is certainly that, but to re-export would harldly be cost affective. No matter how much your needs as you will be hit with a double wammy. Cheap in the country of origin (Japan) + inport duty & docking fees here. Then to load a container for re-export to the states. Keeping in account, unless each engine is tested buy the buyer, there would be no idea of the condition.
Although Japan has a name for NOT exporting scrap used engines, (ie still ok for service) the risk is still there. One hard lesson I learned in the Philippines is that each person who gets involved in this type of venture will include his own markup and an honest dealer is rare.
I do hope the group does not concider me selfish in this, but I live in the mountains, North Luzon. I am 9 hrs from the city and a further 12 hrs from Manila so a nip to the store to keep tabs can not happen.
However, what I am more than willing to do is to search and locate engines for sale and post the cost, type, model ex condition complete with any contact details of the vendor on the forum. These people WANT to sell engines so at least they would be willing to start and test run any engine I show an interest in. That should remove one worry before you choose to buy or not.
There is saying here. A new Changfa is good, but a used Yanmar is better even with a higher price tag.
I can also include a local shipping agent contact details should you need one.

I trust this helps. Bob

LincTex

Wow, if we could get a "group buy" together.... I will bet we could fill a 20' container.
I would be in for two engines if they are reasonably priced.
Metro 6-1 from Sam Crosby, 2007
Chang Chai 1110 - 18 HP

deeiche

I bet there is a way to buy a 20' container from Japan for used Yanmar diesel.  Shoot, JDM engines get shipped to the states all day long.

bobansen

One supplier based in Japan, well know here for good service, they can locate,purchase and export direct to the states. some one will need to be present on the first deal. After that the first contract is completed they will except further requirements by email. just send a list of models ect and sit back.
Method: send list of what you need. Give a date of arrival and they will have the units ready for you to see and test before shipping.
http://homepage2.nifty.com/anywhereman/LAND-OCEAN/yanmarparts.htm
I will keep lookin and see what turns up.
Bobbie