News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

more progress= more pics

Started by bobansen, August 21, 2011, 07:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobansen

now on the frame and 7ins pulley is on, waiting now for the head. basic ST 15kw at 230volts

LowGear

You know when you do nice work like this you're kind of forced to finish the project to the same standards.

Am I the only one that is amazed how much power they get out of these Chinese units.

Casey

vdubnut62

Color me amazed, and I own one. Now if I can just find a turbo off a small car of some sort.......hmmm.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

bobansen

@ lowgear, such praise to bestow on me... gobsmacked as we say. As for power in reserve.. a short story is at hand.. I have been in the Philippines for about 22 yrs and I searched high and low for a lister..any lister to fly the flag as it were. 4yrs ago I found one. a SR3 in need of TLC. after nearly breaking the bank for parts required she ran a treat coupled to the ST I had at the time, but I could only increase the load a bit at a time or she would complain bitterly. During my yearly shutdown for checks I had the use of a Changfa 195 from a friend..end of the story...the Lister was sold and a changfa took its place..Amazed as all here she took on any load I cared to give her and loved it. almost hear her purring ha ha ha. Noise yes lots but power lots of it. the best thing here is the neighbors dont mind what I do or how I do it. it has to be the most tolerant country in the world.
@vdubnut I rather like the colour, kind of ameliorating what is already perfect.
Some added news, the 15kw head has arrived with broken feet so the shop offer a 20kw as a swap. advice here pls. will the 1115 cope driving this head. although I doubt if we will ever use it to it full capacity.Or its another three wks wait for the new head to come. we are in the mountains so no postman he he he
tks bobbie

rcavictim

Bobbie,

I belt drive a STC24k , 12 wire 460 volt 3 phase 24 kW/30 kVA head at 1800 RPM, 1:1 ratio to the engine with a Changfa 1115 engine.  The most power I'm ever going to see is half the gen head's continuous rating. I see nothing wrong with oversizing the gen head and actually feel it is a good idea if you don't mind spending the extra money.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

bobansen

rcavictim; The physical size of the 15k & 20kw is the same, footprint,shaft size ect. only the internal mass is greater in the 20. There is no extra money to be paid out as the shop has offered it for the same price as my order. As we are in the mountains and face a 7hour drive to the city one may concider the best option is to grab it fast and try. Then I have a good excuse for buying the 1125 if it does not go to plan... ha ha WHAT A BEAST! makes the 195 look like a honda 50 engine.
Interesting to note most of you chaps have an engine hoist...here I have four boys who lift and carry, if its really heavy we rope it to a carabao via a set of pulleys. oh my life is full of fun and games.

rcavictim

I've had my eye on a 1130 engine.  If I were to somehow get that at least I have a gen head that can handle it.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

deeiche

Quote from: rcavictim on August 22, 2011, 08:43:43 AM
I've had my eye on a 1130 engine.  If I were to somehow get that at least I have a gen head that can handle it.
Here is one on the other side of Canada.

rcavictim

Quote from: deeiche on August 22, 2011, 09:52:59 AM
Quote from: rcavictim on August 22, 2011, 08:43:43 AM
Here is one on the other side of Canada.

That is the very one I have been eyeing.  That guy was asking $1500.00 for that product until sometime recently.  I'd like to get one before Canada implements the same silly EPA ban on imports.

veggie

Thanks for the pictures.
Excellent sturdy base for the 1115.
Can't wait to see the YouTube videos of it running !  :)

veggie

vdubnut62

1130??? Damn what a motor!! That has to be the largest single cylinder diesel I have ever seen.
I reckon it would rock the house alright.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

deeiche

Quote from: vdubnut62 on August 23, 2011, 10:59:41 AM
1130??? Damn what a motor!! That has to be the largest single cylinder diesel I have ever seen.
Ron
I really think these things are copy descendants of Horizontal single cylinder four-stroke diesel engines DEUTZ
mit Verdampfungskühlung und Vorkammerverbrennung (MAH) with evaporative cooling and Vorkammerverbrennung
, even the original Japanese Yanmar.
The MAH design is from the same time period as the Lister CS.  Take a look at the MAH 220/320 for a real monster.

rcavictim

Quote from: deeiche on August 23, 2011, 11:17:32 AM
Quote from: vdubnut62 on August 23, 2011, 10:59:41 AM
Ron
I really think these things are copy descendants of Horizontal single cylinder four-stroke diesel engines DEUTZ
mit Verdampfungskühlung und Vorkammerverbrennung (MAH) with evaporative cooling and Vorkammerverbrennung
, even the original Japanese Yanmar.
The MAH design is from the same time period as the Lister CS.  Take a look at the MAH 220/320 for a real monster.

Yoix!  :o  4000 cc in one cylinder!  28HP @ 1000 RPM.

vdubnut62

Every time I think I've seen 'em all, something like this pops up. American diesels in the class we are interested in are pretty much non-existent.
Somebody tell me why?
Ron.

rcavictim

Quote from: vdubnut62 on September 26, 2011, 09:46:59 PM
Every time I think I've seen 'em all, something like this pops up. American diesels in the class we are interested in are pretty much non-existent.
Somebody tell me why?
Ron.

Because the mamoth USA Military Industrial Complex considers them a non-priority?