News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

more progress= more pics

Started by bobansen, August 21, 2011, 07:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

veggie

rcavictim,

Slow it down to 1200 rpm and you will still get around 10hp. (Much quieter too).
Nice match for an ST5 head.
It will last forever  ;D

veggie

lessersivad

Quote from: rcavictim on November 18, 2011, 09:36:24 PM
Quote from: rcavictim on August 22, 2011, 11:16:33 PM
Quote from: deeiche on August 22, 2011, 09:52:59 AM
Quote from: rcavictim on August 22, 2011, 08:43:43 AM
I've had my eye on a 1130 engine.  If I were to somehow get that at least I have a gen head that can handle it.
Here is one on the other side of Canada.

That is the very one I have been eyeing.  That guy was asking $1500.00 for that product until sometime recently.  I'd like to get one before Canada implements the same silly EPA ban on imports.

That $1500,  1130 engine I had my eye on from BC on Ebay just got offered "Buy It Now" for $799.  Reduced a further 20% from the $999 he had already dropped it to for a while.  I did some checking and have determined that it has two counterbalance shafts and is direct injection.  CR is 16.5:1.  1 hr HP= 30.  12 hr HP =27.5.  That is 7.5 HP more than the continuous rating of my mighty Changfa 1115 1.2 liter (1.195) which I am very happy with.  

Here is a 1.6 litre (1.593) beast that I could get some useable power out of slowed right down and add a bigger flywheel mass and retard the injector timing accordingly.  Seeing the expected Canada EPA ban on these engines coming soon following the US' lead and knowing I'd kick my ass if I didn't jump on this now I just pulled the trigger!  :) :) :) 8)

That flat belt pulley is 10-3/4" OD!  The alternator is the size of a regular car alternator and this beast has a belt driven water pump.  All I have to do is add a radiator with fan.

Just what I really needed, another generator project.   ???  Actually I do need the security of a spare engine.

Nice snag!! I've had this on my watch list for a long time.

You're just lucky that I wasn't closer, and had the money, and a way of getting it here, and, and......LOL.

Thankfully someone on here got it.

rcavictim

Quote from: veggie on November 19, 2011, 06:25:48 PM
rcavictim,

Slow it down to 1200 rpm and you will still get around 10hp. (Much quieter too).
Nice match for an ST5 head.
It will last forever  ;D

veggie

I agree that at 1200 this engine ought to last a very long time.  That is still fast enough to ensure adequate oiling inside.  Running these at 500 RPM makes me nervous that the con rod big end isn't getting enough oil. I've spent a lot of time experimenting with slower speed operation with my Jiang Dong R175a and have added a dipper to the bottom con rod bolt to sling oil up towards the camshaft.  Works well.

My Changfa 1115 is run at 1800 to make 60 Hz and is very noisy but makes good power.  I often run it slower to make just 50 or 55 Hz to make less noise, save fuel and the engine wear just depending on the criticality of the load at the time.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.