News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

What I think about the group so far.

Started by TheEquineFencer, August 12, 2011, 07:13:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEquineFencer

I just joined the group a few days ago and so far it's the best group I've found for Generators, alt fuel ect yet. The folks in here are pretty nice, to the point without coming across like a butt hole. I'm looking forward to learning from you guys and contributing what I can when I can. If any of you are in Eastern, NC drop me a line and stop by sometime. There was group I was in before it shutdown, they had a page that had maap that listed the general area that everyone was from. Nothing that would compromise the idenity or location of the memebrs, but it kind of gave veryone an idea where others in their area lived. I had a tornado come through back in April, so things are still turned upside dowm here. I'm getting stuff put back right, but it's slow. I have a few tools here at home to play with, nothing fancy. A worn out BP Mill, worn 1927 SouthBend lahe, another Lrage lathe that a company cut in half a freind "loaned" me, plasma cutter MIg torch and a few other small items. Most of my stuff is well used but ussually work OK to get things done. If there's someone in my area that needs some help with something, drop me a line and come on down. Stay tuned the toons are always on at my place.

LowGear

Hey TheEquineFencer,

Having a butt hole or two is very handy.

Anyway you have enough toys to start the paperwork for being one of my friends.  Don't worry; I hang out on the coasts of the Pacific.

Welcome aboard.

Casey

rcavictim

After a large lathe has been cut in half is it still legal to fire up the jet engine and taxi it around the back forty?  :D

Sorry to hear about the big wind.  Nobody needs one of those.  Welcome to the group!
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

cgwymp

Quote from: TheEquineFencer on August 12, 2011, 07:13:35 AM
I just joined the group a few days ago and so far it's the best group I've found for Generators, alt fuel ect yet.

Yeah, well $^%$^% you and the horse you road in on. ;-) Seriously though, welcome! This is a great place!

Whereabouts are you in NC? I'm southern Wake Co. We had a tornado come through the front yard that same day in April....
Listeroid 8/1

Henry W

Glad to see more members in Eastern NC.

The tornado missed our place by about 9 miles. But I was riding down Ten Ten Road when it hit. I was about 1/2 mile away when it hit there.

Henry

TheEquineFencer

I'd always wanted to see one in real life, but not so close that I could touch it if I tried. It lifted right before it got the the house and only took the sun room roof off, the trim along the ends of the house, sucked the ceiling under the attached carport out and sucked the garage doors into the garage. We lost one horse nine days later at the Vet School, as a result of his injuries. Two metal/steel run-in sheds for the horses that were cemented down disapeared, all the fencing went down or was sucked away, 20 acres worth of board, tape, or mesh. This place was the true meaning of "it looks like a tornado went through there." And we were the lucky ones. A guy I worked with at a previous job, was home with his wife when it hit their place. Picked the house up and dropped it in the middle of the road. His was a stick built house. His wife had head injuries but is much better now, he was OK and stayed awake through the whole thing. He lost it all. The only thing left of his house was the closlet they wehuddled in for the most part. His wife was pissed off when I talked to her, she found her freezer, some butt hole had looted her shelled pecans and left everything else.

rcavictim

Quote from: TheEquineFencer on August 13, 2011, 05:41:52 AM
I'd always wanted to see one in real life, but not so close that I could touch it if I tried. It lifted right before it got the the house and only took the sun room roof off, the trim along the ends of the house, sucked the ceiling under the attached carport out and sucked the garage doors into the garage. We lost one horse nine days later at the Vet School, as a result of his injuries. Two metal/steel run-in sheds for the horses that were cemented down disapeared, all the fencing went down or was sucked away, 20 acres worth of board, tape, or mesh. This place was the true meaning of "it looks like a tornado went through there." And we were the lucky ones. A guy I worked with at a previous job, was home with his wife when it hit their place. Picked the house up and dropped it in the middle of the road. His was a stick built house. His wife had head injuries but is much better now, he was OK and stayed awake through the whole thing. He lost it all. The only thing left of his house was the closlet they wehuddled in for the most part. His wife was pissed off when I talked to her, she found her freezer, some butt hole had looted her shelled pecans and left everything else.

OK, I think we are clear now that you, and the people you associate with on a local level do not like butt holes.   ;)
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.