News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

yanmar L90 diesel

Started by beambeam, August 04, 2011, 08:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beambeam

I have a yanmar L90 air cooled single cylinder.Could anyone tell me how to set the govenor and what position to put the fuel valve in when reinstalling the injector pump.

thanks
                                                         jim

Startomatic

Jim, put the rack in the middle and line up the governor slot (inside the engine) in the middle too to align it.

the governor level has many combination of holes to springs position for certain speed range. you need to play with it to get the best governing for the speed range you want.

beambeam

Thank you Startomatic.D0 i use the governor linkage to move to the mark or just pull the forks over?

jim

Startomatic

hi Jim. you must move the governor or throttle linkage (which is connected to the internal fork) to be inserted by the fuel plunger.

best way is to instal the fuel pump and crank the engine at min throttle and max throttle with the high pressure loosen.

in this way, you can determine if you had it correctly installed or not.

if you still have problem,  i could remove mine and take a few pics for you.

beambeam

Startomatic
Thank you very much.When the rain stops here i'll do that and post how i made out.

jim

beambeam

Hi Startomatic;
The motor is working.Thank you for your help.

jim

Startomatic

Jim,

great to hear that...

this is my unit almost ready to drive a high pressure pump unit.

beambeam

That looks identical to mine.What are you using the Hi pressure for.That's a big pump.I find my motor very touchy.When i move the throttle a little bit say 1/4 inch it changes the revs a lot.Could i have a different problem?

Thank you for your help.
                                                                                                           jim