we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Xantrex XW6048 Set-UP

Started by WStayton, July 27, 2011, 03:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd

Quote from: WStayton on July 29, 2011, 07:55:30 AM
mike9004:

I did notice a hint of having been written in Japanese and then translated to English by somebody who spoke Russian!

Also, they introduce their own "abbreviations" for things without telling you, at that point, what they are abbreviations for - every read requires lots of time going back and finding out what the H@!L they are talking about.

Did the fact that they just sort of randomly mix a lot of stuff about multiple inverter/charger installations in cause you the same aggrevation that it did/does me???  <grin>

I appreciate your comments - its always better to listen to somebody who has "been-there/done-that" than to make it up as you go along! <smile>

Regardz,

Wayne Stayton

Wayne,

maybe you don't know Japaneses from Chinese?
JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.

WStayton

Lloyd;

"maybe you don't know Japaneses from Chinese?"

I'll be the first to admit that I can't tell Japanese from Chinese or "A" Japanese from "A" Chinese!  <grin>

Languages were NEVER my strong suit - I only sorta speak two, English and Spanish - with just a very little French and Italian thrown in!

Spanish WAS a necessity when flying in South America, because if you got off the beaten track, even a little bit, the Air Traffic Controllers - who are supposed to be fluent in English, didn't speak a word of it and if they DID speak English to you, they still spoke Spanish to all of the local traffice, so you had no idea what was going on unless you, also, spoke/understood Spanish!

Manual mangleing is sort of a sore spot for me, since I used to have to fight with the German Ford guys about what they thought the English equivalent of their manuals was - they would have a single, 30 letter word that SHOULD be translated as a whole phrase and they were ALWAYS reluctant to do that, so their English translatons were always almost incomprehensible!

Now aren't you sorry you said anything?  <grin>

Regardz,

Wayne Stayton
Mercedes OM616 Four Cylinder Driving ST-24