Main Menu

In the world, at the limits to growth

Started by Apogee, June 14, 2011, 01:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd

Quote from: cognos on June 14, 2011, 09:51:29 PM
Quote from: cgwymp on June 14, 2011, 05:51:32 PM
Quote from: cognos on June 14, 2011, 04:47:44 PM
It wil go well for some, not so good for others. To quote David Byrne of the Talking Heads, "Same as it ever was."

;D

That's so FUNNY...I was listening to the HEADS, as I read you post.

lloyd
JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.

Lloyd

Now if you're really Apocalyptic.

!.  Never Buy A Foreign  Good that can be produced in America.

1.  Never buy Chinese Goods, unless it's Chinese Food produced at your local restaurant by, American Chinese.

2.  Only buy Indian goods when no American goods are available.

3.  Always buy Canadian Goods with-out question, even if American Goods are available.

4.  Always buy Mexican Goods when neither American nor Canadian Goods are available.

5.  Buy Central/South American Goods when, 1,2,3, or 4 are unavailable.

6.  Japanese Goods, are next on the list.

7.  Korean/Philippine/Vietnam are a good replacement for Chinese. 

8.  Buy Euro Goods anytime none of the above are available.

If the shi* hit the fan we want to maintain our continental connected brothers, so as to create a new balance...with big ocean borders we won't have to worry about the rest of the oil starved world. So we will want to create our own Continental Economy with our land contiguous brothers.

lloyd

JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.

cgwymp

Quote from: Lloyd on June 14, 2011, 09:55:59 PM
Quote from: Tom on June 14, 2011, 09:40:42 PM
Uh, Lloyd the 3rd type are the preppers, quietly accumulating supplies and skills to get us through the coming dark ages. (Oh yea and diesels to run pumps and generators)
The problems is that when you become a prepper, you either grow into the Thinker, or the same end result is, you're so busy prepping for the eventual...that you forget to think about the trip...in the end it's the same results... you miss the real enjoyment ...of the ride.

Or, put another way,
Quote from: Siddartha Gautama
Whatever is frequently thought about and pondered upon becomes the inclination of the mind.

I want my mind inclined in a positive direction! :-)
Listeroid 8/1

Tom Reed

Agreed that balance is key. A balanced prepper will look at the possibilities, weigh the benefits of vs. costs of preps, then take appropriate action and then move on with life. I started prepping for the dreaded Y2K and soon came to realize that I couldn't prep for everything by my self. It is that realization that help me see the need for a relationship with God. The best part is that I got to experience what I thought was just an empty platitude "The joy of the Lord is my strength". Ever read the account of Joesph in Egypt? 
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

LowGear

rcavictim

"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

Tom Reed

ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

LowGear

And gentlemen and Ladies this is why we leave religion to other web sites.  Please!

Casey

rcavictim

Quote from: LowGear on June 16, 2011, 02:09:39 PM
And gentlemen and Ladies this is why we leave religion to other web sites.  Please!

Casey

Yes Casey is spot on!  The "R" subject will cause fireworks and war here sure as hell.  Being totally off topic it has no place in these Microcogen forums.  If anyone is so inclined, please don't try to show it or sell it here.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

Tom Reed

Just sharing my experience in context with the subject of the thread. Not trying to push anything on anybody.
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

LowGear

When I reread my "Joe Who" remark it kind of shocked me.  The heritage of sarcasm took over my keyboard and there I was being a jerk about someones important beliefs. 

This concept of departmentalizing discussions is another concept I've learned on this very sight.  Let's keep this place industrial strength. 

Casey

rcavictim

Quote from: LowGear on June 16, 2011, 05:15:16 PM
When I reread my "Joe Who" remark it kind of shocked me.  The heritage of sarcasm took over my keyboard and there I was being a jerk about someones important beliefs. 

This concept of departmentalizing discussions is another concept I've learned on this very sight.  Let's keep this place industrial strength. 

Casey

As a Canadian we had a Prime Minister in recent memory popularly named Joe Who.