News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

some bad news

Started by mobile_bob, June 03, 2011, 12:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobile_bob

one of our suppliers up here in the pacific nw, Joel Koch is gravely ill and is hospitalized in portland oregon

he is having a fight for his life and having a tough go of it.

please go to George's utterpower link for more info
and send a card or keep Joel in your prayers.

http://www.utterpower.com/

he is not doing well, however maybe if he knew there were folks out there that care about him, it might help

thanks guys
bob g

Tom Reed

Sorry to hear this. Got my engine and genny through George/Joel. Sending prayers.
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

BigGreen

Same here. Heck of a nice guy.

SteveU.

Hi all
As another, old too young, don't wanna' be so sick so often, grumpy 'ol fart: JoelK. and I bumbled at each other and crossed horns. I did learn from that though, and learned from him. I have learned to be much more patient. Learned to be much more humble. In the end it doesn't matter so much where you are but how you got there and the people you impacted doing it. JoelK. has positively impacted the lives of many people to help them achieve their dreams. Quite a positive example. Ha! Ha! Gonna' take me a few more years to reach up to this standard he has set. I will drink a toast to him for better health and more years of DOing it.

Best Regards
Steve Unruh
"Use it up. Wear it out. Make do. Or do without."
"Trees are the Answer" to habitat, water, climate moderation, food, shelter, power, heat and light. Plant, grow, and harvest more trees. Then repeat. Trees the ultimate "no till crop". Trees THE BEST solar batteries. Now that is True sustainability.

Henry W

Hi everyone,
I just got word that Joel is responding and is starting to understand what is going on. This is good news! He will be in ICU for a while but hopefuly he can be moved to a regular room soon. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Henry

mike90045

That's great news.  Thanks for the update.

BioHazard

Good luck Joel, rack up those frequent flyer miles at the hospital! I should have enough for a free colonoscopy by now.  ::) Get better and find a way to get me a Changfa!
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

Henry W

Joel is doing better. I believe he is out of ICU.

Henry

mobile_bob

he is out of icu as of yesterday, and is a bit stronger, but still pretty weak.

he appreciates all your thoughts and prayers

bob g

quinnf

Now for some GOOD news:  Just received an e-mail from Joel.  He's home now, but very weak.  He said he's very appreciative of everyone's thoughts and prayers.  
Expected recovery is 6 months, he says.

Quinn

Rom

Was just talking to someone about my ST head and thought of Joel, any new news? I hope he is still on the right track.

Rom
Power Anand 16/2 w/ XZYER's Hollow Dippers, Power Solutions ST-12kw, Simple Centrifuge. Looking for Good 55gal Drums.