News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

super quiet Lister generator

Started by veggie, May 31, 2011, 12:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veggie

Very impressive Lister 6/1 sound control system.
Exactly what I need for my residential neighborhood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2682AwYJ7w

veggie

Tom Reed

That's nice and all, but I LIKE the sound of my Listeroid. If I can hear it from the house I can be productive doing other things while enjoying the sound, but if I was closed up in the shed not much would get done.  ;D
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

BioHazard

Quote from: Tom on May 31, 2011, 02:37:41 PM
That's nice and all, but I LIKE the sound of my Listeroid. If I can hear it from the house I can be productive doing other things while enjoying the sound, but if I was closed up in the shed not much would get done.  ;D

I'm kinda the same way...whenever I have a generator running I like to stay within ear shot...just feel more comfortable that way. Screw the neighbors!  ;D
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

Tom Reed

Hey, thou shall not covet thy neighbors wife.  :-* My neighbors are a mile away and don't even hear a wild day at the shooting range.  ;D ;D ;D
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

bschwartz

Errrr...... did anyone see a radiator, or fuel tank? ???
- Brett

Metro 6/1, ST-5 - sold :(
1982 300SD
1995 Suburban 6.5 TD
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 TD
1950s ? Oilwell (Witte) CD-12 (Behemoth), ST-12
What else can I run on WVO?
...Oh, and an old R-170

LowGear

I think the fuel tank was hanging on a ceiling joist looking unit.  But I was wondering about cooling as well.

Casey

sailawayrb

Actually, this is very loud and noisy compared to mine, and mine is only in a standard 2-car attached garage.  The exhaust outlet needs to resurface at least a hundred feet away from the engine, and only after achieving full exhaust depressurization in an sufficiently sized underground cistern.  Using a resilient engine mount eliminates the low frequency, bass thumping.  Using an intake silencer significantly reduces the hissing intake noise.  Using an offset idle bolt reduces the gear lash noise.  And finally, one needs to burn SVO so your neighbors can't even smell it. ;D

Bob B.

mobile_bob

i think BobB has perfected stealth technology for the listeroid!

;)

bob g

Henry W

Quote from: LowGear on May 31, 2011, 06:50:59 PM
I think the fuel tank was hanging on a ceiling joist looking unit.  But I was wondering about cooling as well.

Casey

Oh come on! ::) His is air cooled. ;D He can probably get away with it for a short time if he has absolutely no load. For how long? I don't know.

Henry