News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Inspiration

Started by AdeV, May 13, 2011, 03:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdeV

Have you been wondering what to do with that old ride-on lawnmower, and your rowing boat?

Well.... here's the answer: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/motoringvideo/8510117/Amphibious-vehicle-made-from-lawnmower-and-rowing-boat.html

There are some pics here which should give you some construction ideas.

There will be a prize for the first lawnboat that'll do 50mph on both land & sea...

Now go to it!

Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

BioHazard

QuoteThe pensioner also contacted leading lawnmower-maker Honda (who also make boats) to suggest mass production of the vehicle, an offer the Japanese firm has declined.

HOW COULD THEY DECLINE SUCH AN OFFER?!  :o ;D

I always wondered what it would be like to use the 150hp vertical inline six on my boat for a lawnmower engine....
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

LowGear

Wait one stinking minute, Cowboys.  We have just witnessed the work of a genius and you people are going "Wanky Yanky" on us.  Did you notice all the average chumps working on their boats in an effort to get on the sea as our hero putted right by?

Just in case you didn't notice:

1.  The workmanship is superb.
     2.  The design does exactly what the client wanted.
     3.  The manufacturing team took the time to get properly licensed.
     4.  Looks like the unit is dry docked every evening should it ever need maintenance.

Let's see how many of you get past the next garage sale that has a motorcycle and a canoe available?

Much impressed,

Casey

BioHazard

Quote from: LowGear on May 13, 2011, 04:33:22 PM
Let's see how many of you get past the next garage sale that has a motorcycle and a canoe available?

This is why I'm not allowed to go to garage sales anymore.  ;D ::)
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

LowGear

Straight lines are only as good as the audience.

Most excellent.

Casey

rcavictim

Very nicely conceived and executed project.  Very unique and functional.  I applaud and respect him.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

WStayton

Hi, Guys!

BioHazard said:  "I always wondered what it would be like to use the 150hp vertical inline six on my boat for a lawnmower engine...."

Um, er, . . . I think if you put a six cylinder in-line vertical engine in it it is no longer a "lawn mower", but "minces everything that's infront of it chopper"!  <grin>

I always thought that the rotary mower was a little harsh on the ground squirrels in that it minced a leg from time to time; with a vertical six, I'm not sure that you identify the donor, or the leg, any more!

I would pay admission to see it run, though!

Now back to your previous though, already in progress!  <grin>

Regardz,

Wayne Stayton
Mercedes OM616 Four Cylinder Driving ST-24

vdubnut62

Quote from: BioHazard on May 13, 2011, 05:17:25 PM
Quote from: LowGear on May 13, 2011, 04:33:22 PM

This is why I'm not allowed to go to garage sales anymore.  ;D ::)

Hear! Hear!
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous