News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Hello, new here....

Started by fuelfarmer, February 24, 2011, 02:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuelfarmer

No noticeable difference on power, but that is not scientific. I love the smell of burning biodiesel.  Our farm is in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. In the north west part of the state.

Apogee

Fuelfarmer,

Welcome!

Glad you're here.

You mentioned the Detroits and I remembered posting about them in the following link.  I just checked and they're still available.  Don't know how serious you are about finding one, but thought you might be interested:

http://www.microcogen.info/index.php?topic=1544.0

Best,

Steve

lowspeedlife

Quote from: dieselgman on February 25, 2011, 07:44:49 PM
I know a fellow over here in Kansas who runs his farm on sunflower oil, he produces and presses it himself. Now here's the real kicker... he does not convert it to biodiesel at all but simply filters and dilutes to a specific gravity compatible with his tractors and burns it glycerol and all. His results are pretty impressive and his methods also have been adopted by some fair sized farmer's co-ops in Colorado.

dieselgman
I believe you are talking about "sodbust" on the LEF nice guy, he doesn't have a lot of time to post 'cause of all his projects.

Scott R.
Old Iron For A New Age

dieselgman

I'll have to ask him what his handle is on LEF, but you are right about him not having much time to mess with the computer. Actually, tis the same with me a lot of the time.

dieselgman
Ford Powerstroke, Caterpillar 3304s, Cummins M11, Too many Listers to count.

Geno

Sodbust is his handle on many, if not all forums. His website is http://www.oilcrusher.5u.com/

He sent me a few gallons of his fuel for some testing a couple years back. I didn't get the #s we expected but there were many variables to be considered and I didn't realize it was pre mixed. I still have a couple gallons. He plants thousands of acres a year and is a busy man. I think he devotes 500 acres just to sunflower for his fuel.

Thanks, Geno

dieselgman

Affirmative on that website and proper identification for Dan. Thanks!

dieselgman
Ford Powerstroke, Caterpillar 3304s, Cummins M11, Too many Listers to count.