News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

128-mpg, Kubota Diesel-Powered Sports Car

Started by Henry W, February 22, 2011, 02:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dieselgman

How about this new compressed air powered vehicle from India? Just charge up a tank with our Lister CS air-compressors and away we go!

India's largest  automaker, Tata Motors, is set to start producing the world's  first commercial air-powered  vehicle.

The  Air Car, developed by ex-Formula One engineer Guy N?gre for  Luxembourg-based MDI, uses compressed air, as opposed to the  gas-and-oxygen explosions of internal-combustion models, to push  its engine's pistons.  Some 6000 zero-emissions Air Cars  are scheduled to hit Indian streets by  August 2011.

The  Air Car, called the "MiniCAT" could cost around Rs. 3,475,225  ($8,177.00) in India and would have a range of around 300 km  between refuels.

The cost of a refill  would be about Rs. 85 ($2.00)

dieselgman
Ford Powerstroke, Caterpillar 3304s, Cummins M11, Too many Listers to count.

BioHazard

Isn't it sad when a person can build their own car out of junk and get over 100mpg, yet detroit still can't give us better than about 50.  ::) I'm still trying to wrap my head around why hybrids even come with gasoline engines. I don't understand....
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

BioHazard

Quote from: dieselgman on February 22, 2011, 09:15:10 PM
Some 6000 zero-emissions Air Cars  are scheduled to hit Indian streets by  August 2011.

This kind of BS about alternative vehicles always pisses me off. Zero emissions? What powers the air compressor, perpetual motion?

But yeah, that would be damn cool to have with a lister powered compressor, if it didn't look like ass.

I'm still sticking with CNG as the fuel of the future....
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

dieselgman

Of course something has to compress all that air, and that requires a lot of power from one source or another. They claim about a 10-fold improvement over gasoline powered equivalents and I can see that this kind of gadgetry could open many options to folks with a little ingenuity and some old multi-fuel capable equipment. Maybe all those Amish communities were onto something with all their compressed-air gadgets! What I want to see is how the engineers managed to safely contain that much pressure/volume for a 300km range. Carbon-fiber tanks at 4000 psi just seems like a bomb to me.

dieselgman

Ford Powerstroke, Caterpillar 3304s, Cummins M11, Too many Listers to count.

wiebe

Quote from: hwew on February 22, 2011, 02:26:36 PM

If gas hits $5.00 a gallon I need to do something.

Henry

Hihi it is more then 5 dollar a gallon here,
1,50 per liter so a gallon is 3,8 liters is 3,8x1,50=5,70 euro.
What is the dollar to euro doing today??

My toyota starlet 1,3 75hp is doing 60 km[37miles?] the gallon eazy.on gas
If there is a VW golf 1,9 tdi then there is more car and more miles the gallon.this is a diesel.

But i dont think you get them over there, just lose the big engines if jou dont need to drive a big car .
Butt bare with me i am not here to offend anyone ,but as a forener from over the big pond it seems that in the states
you need more power in the home,s and more in the cars then here.

Greetings Wiebe.
kubota knd3