Kubota D1005 3-cylinder diesel, direct drive 1800 RPM generator project

Started by Henry W, February 19, 2011, 05:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

The Intake Manifold will be changed to a side inlet so air cleaner can be mounted low.

Henry

rl71459

Geno

That frame is sweet! Can't wait to see the whole thing together.

Thanks, Geno

rcavictim

Henry,

You DO KNOW that using a single bearing gen head as intended with the correct bellhousing and drive parts is so much like cheating! ;)

That is a very sweet plant coming together there!
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

Henry W

Thanks rcavictim,

Damn! I don't know if I should feel guilty or not.  :)

The origional SAE-5 Housing and SAE-6.5 Flywheel I purchased and posted pictures in the begining of this topic is spec'd for engines to run up to 3600 RPM. I purchased two Flywheel/Housing setups spec'd for 1800 RPM so now I have the correct setup installed. The differance is the 1800 RPM flywheel is larger in diameter and slightly thinner. But it is heavier also. The housing is thinner also. I will be putting the 3600 RPM setup away for possibly another project. Who knows. ::) I guess I should take pictures of the differances of both so people know what to look for.

Henry

Henry W

Here are pictues of Flywheels:

• 1800 RPM Flywheel on the left

• 3600 RPM Flywheel on the Right

Henry W

Here are pictues of Housings:

• Housing for 1800 RPM Flywheel on the left

• Housing for 3600 RPM Flywheel on the Right

rcavictim

Quote from: hwew on August 12, 2011, 05:00:38 PM
Thanks rcavictim,

Dam! I don't know if I should feel guilty or not.  :)
Henry

Damn tootin' you should!  ;D
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

Henry W

I just installed the air cleaner assembly this evening. The air cleaner with the Vacuator Valve is sized for 900cc to 1100cc, 1800 rpm engines.  I will take pictures once I get the correct intake manifold installed. I could not believe that the manifold and gasket only cost 31.00. I can live with that.
Almost have everything to to complete the engine. It is tempting to fire it up but that will not happen until It is ready to take a good load.

Henry

rcavictim

Quote from: hwew on August 15, 2011, 07:50:27 PM
Almost have everything to to complete the engine. It is tempting to fire it up but that will not happen until It is ready to take a good load.

Henry

Not giving in to the temptation of firemupitis is sometimes just too hard for some but it is the right thing to do.  Stand proud sir, and keep your finger off that starter!  :D

Henry W

Here are som pictures of the air cleaner and electrical box for the generator.

Henry

vdubnut62

And I just HAD to ask for pictures  :-[  Now I  suddenly  feel very inadequate.   :D
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous