Kubota D1005 3-cylinder diesel, direct drive 1800 RPM generator project

Started by Henry W, February 19, 2011, 05:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

The Genset is mounted. Fuel filter, Starter, Muffler and Electrical box are mounted also.

The only things that need to be done before test run is wiring the electrical box, fuel line and return to 55 gallon drum, fresh oil filter and 15-40 oil.once running the Hertz will be set, Voltage checked and than load the genset up.

Once the test is sucessfull I will take pictures.

Henry

rcavictim

Henry,  all that hard work sounds like the tempest before the storm.  I look forward to seeing the picture of the finished beast.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

Henry W

I just finished with the test run. I had a few glitches but they are fixed. On first start the engine had to be primed. It took about 20 seconds to clear out and than it ran fine.

First test I adjusted the hertz. (Set to 62 Hz, no load) Next Voltage check, It read 153 volts. Hmmm.

Checked wiring diagram that came with generator end and it was right.

Then I went to Basler Electric site and found that the wiring diagram that was with the genset was wrong. swapped two wires and jumped two terminals and did another test run. This time I got 198 volts.

Next I adjusted the trim pot and got it to 242 volts and left it there.

The last test run was for one hour. Put a 4Kw load for 2 minutes than 5Kw for 30 min. than 6 Kw for another 30 min. Voltage stayed at 239.5 volts @ 60 Hz.

So we are ready if we lose power tomorrow.

I will take some pictures and post them hopefully tomorrow.

Henry

Henry W

The manual for the AVR is attached below. (Must be logged in to see the attachment)

vdubnut62

Batten the hatches and full speed ahead :D.
Seriously though, I really hope things are overrated and you don't even need the genset to ride the storm out.
But as someone said, I forgot who exactly ::) but it was something like -never let a good crisis go to waste,
or some such.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

Henry W

So far this hurricane has been pretty mild here. In another hour the eye should come close to the coastline but we are a hundred miles inland so we might see 40 to 50 mph wind gusts. so far evrything is fine. We are getting a good amount of rain and we need it.

When the hurricane passes I would like to roll the generator out and take pictures.

Henry

Henry W

Here are some pictures. (Must be logged in to view pictures)

Henry